Public Relations Intern
- $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Temporary / Seasonal
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Los Angeles, CA - INTERN - Localite Public Relations is seeking a seasonal intern (preferably current college student) who is outgoing, hard-working, personable, motivated, goal-oriented with communication and writing skills. You will assist the team of this growing company in client and media relations. The work environment is comfortable, easy and relaxed.
- Assisting with daily administrative duties
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
- Working as part of an account team to implement media plans
- Creating media lists
- Researching and writing press releases
- Tracking print, broadcast and new media for ideas and coverage
- Preparing press kits which include bios, fact sheets, menus, recipes, press clips and photos
- Scanning and archiving editorial placements
- Create social media calendars and content for various clients.
What we are looking for:
- A love of travel, food and general hospitality
- Organized, self-starter, takes initiative, is resourceful and likes a challenge
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- PC proficient, particularly in the Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Cision
- Experience in scanning images, photo editing, design
- Internet research savvy
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Excellent people skills, attention to detail and amazing follow through
- Preferably some experience working in the culinary, wine or travel industries
- Someone who wants to learn and have fun doing it
- Writing samples
- Past social media examples
Needed 2 to 3 days per week. Hours are flexible; however, interns must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week on-site at our El Segundo, CA office.
Localite is a boutique Public Relations firm based in Los Angeles specializing in Hospitality and Travel. We are a fun but dedicated and creative agency utilizing a unique approach to PR by offering a progressive mentality to each client and project.