Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Responsible for assisting in the management of all aspects of the restaurant, dining room and function rooms.
- Assists Restaurant Manager in the Direction and maintenance of a service and management philosophy which guides and leads team members.
- Active Food Handlers Card required.
- Previous experience in fine dining restaurant management.
- Act as assistant to the restaurant manager in all of their duties at the request of the restaurant manager.
- Assist in POS administration; Review Sales for previous day; resolve issues with accounting.
- Act as back up to the host/hostess in the restaurant during dinner or lunch service.
- Help manage the floor during the dinner or lunch service as assigned by the restaurant manager or in lieu of the manager in his/her absence.
- Plan and implement floor logistics including server and busser sections, table settings and guests special requests.
- Ensure servers and bussers have and equitable and fair distribution of guests in a well paced environment.
- Make sure sidework is assigned and completed by servers and bussers both at the beginning and end of service.
- Make sure dining room, bus stations, storage area and bathrooms are ready for service.
- Communicate misconduct or other staff problems to General Manager and/or Owner.
- Monitor staff for tardiness, readiness to work, assign side work as needed.
- Conduct with the restaurant manager or in lieu of pre-shift staff meeting to discuss specials, work assignments, and pertinent issues.
- Review and take reservations with host and follow up on special requests and pre assign tables if needed.
- Cover or make sure all closing duties are done.
- Make sure POS tables are closed, send credit card batch at end of service.
- Ensure lights are all off, all doors secure, kitchen equipment, soup warmer, bread warmer, hood system are all turned off.
- Arm alarm.
- Good verbal and written Communication skills.
- Pleasant personality which allows the ability to multi-task between customers, staff, and back of the house.
- Organized and willing to be back up to the restaurant manager in all situations.
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 25% off health club membership
- Sick pay
For more than 22 years, Chef Lisa Dahl has pioneered the culinary scene in Sedona, Ariz. as the executive chef and owner of four amazing restaurants in Northern Arizona's red rock country. Dahl & Di Luca Ristorante Italiano, Cucina Rustica, Pisa Lisa and the newest, most buzzed-about addition, Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill have earned international acclaim.
Dahl was the first to introduce fine dining to the small town of Sedona in the late ‘90s, and she remains the largest restaurateur in the area with accolades spanning the culinary spectrum. In recent years, she is widely credited for Sedona's emergence as a national "foodie destination." Along with being a self-taught chef and successful restaurateur, Dahl is also a best-selling cookbook author and designer, having designed the interiors of each of her restaurants.
She lives by her mantra, “when you cook with love, you feed the soul” and believes that flavors should never be overworked, food should speak for itself and only the best ingredients should prevail.
After shedding her life in the Bay Area and a career in the fashion industry following a family tragedy and the loss of her son Justin, Dahl sought healing and moved to Sedona, a town famous for its healing powers, spiritual energy, and fabled vortexes. Once there, she unearthed a passion for cooking, one she and Justin shared, and a new-found love of fostering memorable dining experiences with simple, fresh and uncomplicated dishes as the centerpiece.
Today, Dahl Restaurant Group welcomes more than 400,000 guests per year across all four restaurants and employs close to 250 people, many of whom have been with the company for 15 years.
Dahl has been a twice featured chef at the James Beard House in New York City. She has sold more than 16,000 copies of her award-winning cookbook, The Elixir of Life. Most recently she beat Arizona's top male chefs for the title of "Burger Battle Champion" in Scottsdale, Ariz., thus qualifying for the 2018 World Food Championships reprising her 2016 win.