Kitchen Prep / Cook
- $13.25 Hourly
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
We are looking for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious and instagram worthy dishes. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food, etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition, dietary restriction, and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Proven experience as prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils.
We believe that a great restaurant is made up of great people and if you get enough of us together, we can do great things!
At Beacon | Echo Park we are community driven. It is our responsibility and privilege to serve the community.