- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Hinterhof is a German/Vegan Beer Garden restaurant in Highland Park. We feature fresh draft German beer and vegan versions of German home-cooked style comfort food, and beer garden specialties.
The General Manager (GM) of Hinterhof will approach running the business with the same pride as if it were their own. The right person for this role will possess a high level of passion, drive and an entrepreneurial spirit that will inspire their team to perform at its very best. The GM will strive to continually create new realities in leadership and profitability. They will create a fun, safe, and challenging work environment.
The G M reports directly to the owner of HInterhof. The right candidate has a genuine interest in Hinterhof’s role and mission in the vegan / plant based community.
The Scope of the Role and Responsibilities are as follows
- Controlling and Auditing Profit and Loss
- Reviewing and evaluating supplier pricing every 6 to 12 months alongside Chef
- Maintaining optimal labour percentages; oversee FOH scheduling, avoiding overtime
- Ensure par ordering levels are maintained and all incoming stock is checked
- Oversee Inventory Reports and address any variance
- Meets established targets on COGS
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; establishing banking relationships; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Maintains operations by enforcing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements. * Hiring and Retaining Awesome Staff
- Hiring and Training top talent alongside Hiring & Training Manager
- Foster an environment for happy people making people happy
- Create new leaders in the industry through mentor and coach programs
- Hold regular training meetings to consistently develop knowledge and skills of team members
- Promotes teamwork and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables. * Curate an Awesome Guest Experience
- Create and monitor systems to ensure consistency in product and service
- Touch tables and build rapport with Guests alongside floor managers
- Maintain pristine physical plant * Manage Daily Operations
- Build Sales and Guest Loyalty
- Guide the bar and wine program
- Manage POS and system updates
- Oversee Equipment Maintenance
- Ability to adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
- Following and enforcing all restaurant policies and procedures * Maintain Safe Workplace
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; Adheres to all Federal and State workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices; maintaining security systems.
- Ensures all service staff have a current Food Handler Certification and monitors staff to ensure compliance
- Demonstrates anti- harassment and workplace violence and all other company policies and procedures
Skills / Experience
- Continuous commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Minimum 3 years Senior Leadership Role
- Proficient in full service restaurant functions
- Strong Leadership and Communication skills
- Strategic and Innovative Thinker
- Manager ServSafe or Food Handler Certification
- Passionate, Positive, Motivate, and Enable others to contribute toward organizational success.
Hinterhof – a backyard or courtyard, meeting place and common space used for everything from horse stables to play areas, cookouts and hangouts. Where mothers hang laundry and fathers drink beer or vise versa.
Nowhere is that tradition stronger than in Berlin, where neighbors are still known to spontaneously gather to enjoy the air, food and of course, beer.
And so we bring you Hinterhof, a little piece of Berlin in Los Angeles. Our menu is a vegan, plant based take on traditional German dishes that even Oma will love!