HOSTS - NEW WESTWOOD BREW PUB
- $13.25 - $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Dental Insurance, Ask Us!, Vision Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Good people, good food, good beer!
Southern California's most exciting craft beer company is coming to Westwood! We are looking for fun, professional hosts with a passion for beer, food, cocktails, and hospitality to join our opening team. Join us and be part of a brilliant future!
Position Summary: The Host provides awesome service and a sincere welcome to ensure an exceptional experience for all of our guests. Hosts manage our reservations and seating processes with grace, warmth, personality, and precision.
- Initiates the service process for tables of guests.
- Takes, records, and manages guest reservations accurately and effectively by phone and in person
- Takes and processes to-go and delivery orders
- Controls the flow of timing, seating balance, and floor chart to maximize sales, service, and efficiency
- Greets and seats guests with style and joy
- Builds awareness and rapport with regulars, special occasion diners, VIPs, etc
- Maintains Company standards of service and presentation
- Perform side work at the start, during and at the end of each shift
- Monitors and observes guests' dininng experience. Ensures guests are satisfied (delighted!) with the food and service.
- Supports coworkers and guests by helping out and requesting help when needed
- Multi-tasks like a boss
Successful candidates will have:
Flexible schedule and open availability. Work schedule will may vary between early morning to late evening, weekends and holidays
Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure or in high volume situations
Fabulous guest service and teamwork skills, including respect for others and genuine wish to succeed
Track record of success as a host or server in a busy restaurant or bar strongly preferred
Openness to feedback and willingness to learn and grow
A high school diploma or its equivalent
Ability to understand and communicate in the predominant language(s) of our guests.
Solid basic arithmetic skills and the ability to handle money and operate a POS system
Experience with online reservation systems a plus
Interest in, and strong working knowledge of, food, beer, wine, spirits and common drink recipes. Passion and knowledge about beer are a particular plus!
Must be able to work in a standing position, with frequent walking, for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift 5 to 10 pounds.
- California Food Handler's Card
- Alcohol Training Certificate
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All job offers are contingent on a successful background screening
Look for the striped dome! Broxton is a new, modern neighborhood brew pub in the heart of Westwood village. Brewing our own craft beer onsite in the iconic bank building at Broxton and Westwood, we offer great food, craft cocktails, and 20 taps in a gorgeous remodeled multi-level space. The perfect neighborhood spot for vegans, meat eaters, and everyone who loves food, beer, and fun!