- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Overview: The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in operating clean, safe kitchen and dish room facilities while meeting or exceeding food quality and speed of service requirements. Directly responsible for the entire kitchen and dish room operations in the absence of the Chef.
• Coordinates and supervises activities of employees engaged in preparing and cooking food.
• Ensures raw ingredients are available and prepared for use in recipes.
• Advises employees in preparation, proportion, and garnishing of foods.
• Ensures that food preparation methods are used.
• Prepares, proportions, and garnishes foods.
• Manages employees.
• Estimates food consumption, food purchases, and kitchen supplies.
• Must be able to deal with all employees in a courteous and professional manner.
• Must have a strong sense of urgency.
• Must be alert in busy environment.
• Monitors processes used by employees.
• Contributes to weekly food special development and execution.
• Contributes to menu development and execution.
• Responsible for working with the Chef to create a cohesive team within the kitchen.
• Must have a positive presence within the kitchen and the restaurant as a role model and a member of the management team.
• Maintains a positive “win-win” attitude.
• Always working to improve the restaurant.
• Supports all decisions made by the management team and presents a united front to the staff.
• Responsible for assisting the Chef in all administrative duties, including but not limited to:
• New employee orientation
• Strong Communication skills.
• Previous Management experience.
• Ability to multi task, work in a fast paced environment.
• Passion and ability to coach, lead and mentor staff.