NEW RESTAURANT OPENING! Matchbox Bethesda is Hiring Support Staff!
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Support Staff team member’s role will be determined by restaurant need. Support Staff team
members will ensure the timely delivery of food and drink to our guests, and they may assist the
timely cleaning and resetting of tables, as well as other tasks as assigned. The Support Staff team
member is a hospitality professional who works with friendliness, speed and efficiency to help
ensure an extraordinary experience for all our guests.
summary of essential functions
▪ Delivers food and beverages to guests in a timely manner, and assists in ensuring accuracy of
order and adherence to quality standards
▪ May clear and clean tables, floors and all service areas throughout the restaurant, which may
require reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents
▪ Completes sidework and other tasks as assigned
▪ Knows the food and beverage menu, and is able to speak to the menu from memory
▪ Assists in maintaining organized work area, which may require reaching, bending, stooping,
lifting and working with cleaning agents
▪ Understands and practices proper safe food and beverage handling procedures in accordance
with local government standards
▪ Communicates to the manager or chef on duty when there is a guest issue to be tended to or
resolved, to include special accommodations needed, guest complaints, etc.
▪ High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred
▪ At least 18 years of age
▪ High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
▪ Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day; able to climb flights of stairs
▪ Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
▪ Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
▪ Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends, and all holidays
▪ Able to perform essential functions and demonstrate competencies to company standards with
▪ Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location.
▪ If running drinks, must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages and must be certified in
(or able to become certified in) responsible alcohol service in accordance with state or local laws
A Culture of Caring
matchbox is more than just pizza and mini-burgers. We’re a community-driven restaurant group that brings people together. Our food is the draw, but it’s our team members working together that create an experience that brings guests back time and again.
The Secret Sauce
At matchbox, people are everything. From restaurant spaces to warm, attentive service, to clean, attractive environments, and fresh, quality food, we work together to make things happen for our guests and team members.
What We Offer
Competitive salary, structured and comprehensive new-hire training, a framework for career development within a high-growth company, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k benefits and more!
All in the Family
A great company is made of great people. And matchbox is made of talented professionals who take pride in delivering extraordinary experiences for others. If that sounds like you, join the matchbox family!