Benefit Advisor – Helping the Medicare Community
- $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
The Medicare community needs your help. Currently, 1 in 6 of the US population is on Medicare. This number will jump to 1 in 4 by 2030. Now is the time to start a new path for your professional career. One that provides growth and stability into the future.
A Medicare Benefit Advisor does not hard close their clients. We take a different approach. We listen, understand, and provide guidance to meet our client’s needs. We try to find solutions at no cost to them. We work with purpose and passion.
How we invest in your Life-Long Career:
- Full Benefits, Paid Holidays & Generous PTO
- 8 Weeks Paid Training
- Paid Licensing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- All Leads are Carrier provided
- Company Matched 401k
The busiest time of the year for Medicare is AEP (Annual Enrollment Period). By joining us, you will be on track to be fully licensed, trained, and confident to help the Medicare community and yourself for the 2020 AEP. Our competitive base pay plus incentive structure ensures your well compensated. Our Advisors earn six figures after three years and keep that going for the rest of their careers.
Let’s have a conversation about transferring your skillset, no matter your background. We are building a tight-knit team based on your passion to help others, your drive to better your own life, and your desire to work with purpose. Apply below and our Recruiting team will be calling you directly. If you miss our call, simply reply to our follow-up email with the best time to call you back.
The Benefit Advisor will primarily drive Medicare Sales through professional and consultative selling on plan options in prospect areas while in an inside sales environment. Additionally, Benefit Advisors may have some opportunity with some Carrier Projects, IFP (Individual & Family plans), and Ancillary Product Sales through consultative selling on plan options.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions of this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Receive inbound calls from customers who have questions on health insurance options in 10-50 states
- Make outbound sales calls on a variety of sales campaigns
- Medicare Benefit Consultants will recommend plans and enroll prospects based on the customer's needs
- Quote, present, and close sales while overcoming objections
- Follow up on “book of business” on a consistent basis by making outbound follow up calls to prospects
- Provide a positive customer experience with excellent customer satisfaction
- Meet sales and productivity goals on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Update customer file in CRM with a summary of the interaction
- On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Complete New Hire Technical Training Program
- Active and valid Life and Health license or ability to acquire as part of our training program within 60 days of hire
- Ability to be qualified by Department of Insurance to be appointed as a licensed sales agent by multiple insurance carriers – which may include additional criminal background and credit checks as required by the Department of Insurance and/or Center for Medicare Services
- Demonstrates adequate/accurate typing speed while talking to the customer
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of billing guidelines
- Demonstrate professional phone etiquette
- Demonstrate proficiency with Sales systems
- Excellent listening skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer and navigational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent work ethic and adherence to work schedule
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- A high degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Self-starter who is highly motivated
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training, and work-related experience
- 2+ years of sales experience with a proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
- 2+ years of Accident and Health insurance industry experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a blended call center environment