Human Resources Manager
- Depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.
As a member of the Human Resources support staff, he/she works with Plan Do See team members to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including oversight of recruitment, total compensation, and training and development. Additionally, he/she focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current and future openings.
- Maintains organization by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Trains managers on the PDS behavioral interview process
- Maintains and manages the PDS behavioral interview process to ensure its use
- Prepares team members for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations, preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of team member work results by training managers to coach and counsel team members; scheduling management conferences with team members; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling team members, supervisors and managers.
- Maintains team member benefits programs and informs team members of benefits by designing and conducting educational programs. Ensure timely enrollment for all new hires who are eligible.
- Conducts monthly benefit audits to ensure active and term lists are updated and accurate.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings. Ensures state/federal posters are up to date.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures. Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning team members; following up on work results.
- Maintains team members by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training team members.
- Maintains team members job results by assisting managers with coaching & counseling team members; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Managing and delegating tasks to the HR coordinator (if applicable)
- Leading by example by being the brand leader.
- Escalating employee issues/matters to National Director of Human Resources.
- Supports central payroll with timely payroll processing at the local level and maintains payroll records
- Partners with the property Security/Loss Prevention team to conduct employee injury investigations, as necessary.
- Trains all managers on employee work injury procedures
- Ensures OSHA/Safety compliance with all local state & federal laws and regulations
- Job description may be changed at any time
- Manage and administrate the team member on-boarding process, including all New Hire Orientation and training and working with the Culture & Essence division to maintain the brand culture.
- Maintain and administrate all employment paperwork including but not limited to: new hire paperwork, offer letters, team member terminations, bi-weekly payroll, incident reporting, benefit program elections, and properly documenting and communicating all policies and procedures
- Work with managers to administer and document individual performance improvement plans where necessary, including the implementation of a standard performance management evaluation process and educational/training plans
- Work with team members and/or managers to resolve employees’ relations issues quickly, legally and successfully and keeping the Corp DHR informed
- Act as a primary contact for benefit related questions to ensure quick, equitable and courteous resolution (involve broker and carrier representatives when applicable)
- Administers benefit plans including monthly billing reconciliation and coordinates annual benefit open enrollment efforts
- Ensure compliance with all labor and safety regulations including but not limited to OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration), DOH (Department of Health), and DOL (Department of Labor) Process all compliance inquiries, DOL reports and respond to employment verifications and Workers Compensation claims. Ensure proper documentation and reporting of any incidents, accidents, or investigations.
- Participate in Executive HR efforts with team in planning and developing global HR programs
ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and ordering (example: papers, water delivery, etc.)
- Contact vendors as needed for maintenance and repairs of office related equipment (example: copy machine, internet network, etc.)
- Support BOH and FOH Managers with managing invoices and statements when requested.
- Assist in organizing and neatly filing invoices and statements.
REQUIREMENTS & KEY COMPETENCIES
- To maintain a high member service focus by approaching job with the members always in mind
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both members and team members
- To be decisive, accepting responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead and developing contingency plans (while ensuring that you have the support to get the job done)
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments
- To maintain high team focus via cooperation and support to other team members in the pursuit of department goals
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Human Resources Management
- Benefits Administration
- Performance Management
- Communication Processes
- Compensation and Wage Structure
- Supports Diversity
- Classifying Employees
- Employment Law
- Laws Against Sexual Harassment
- Maintains confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills: friendly, personable, approachable at all times
- Neat and well-groomed appearance
- Ability to take ownership of problems or situations
- Tactful, courteous, able to motivate and coach others
- Approachable, fair and consistent
- A team player who is punctual, reliable, organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to be flexible, multitask and communicate effectively
- College degree specializing in HR or HR certification
- 4 years + Human Resources experience, 2 years in Human Resources management
- 2 years Human Resources experience in Hawaii in the hospitality/F&B industry, required
Plan Do See is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Plan Do See does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.