Wean Pig Loader
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position: The position’s main objective is in the area of swine transport. Team work is a must in this line of work and teams are usually composed of the incumbent and the driver. The incumbent is in charge of regularly loading wean pig carts weighing 200 lbs. when empty and 1200-1500 lbs. when loaded, maintain accurate records, load accurate feed (50 lbs.) to take to nursery with wean pigs, work all holidays, excluding Thanksgiving and Christmas. Perform duties related to the loading and unloading of swine, keep count of animal groups, cleaning equipment after use are all essential functions of this position. Other Position Characteristics:
• Regularly lift items ranging in both size and weight, stand and push wean carts with swine up to trailer.
• Employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and extend arm, frequently lifting up to 50 lbs.
• 3rd Shift position, usually a five day work week.
• Employee will be working a majority of time outside and occasionally going into farms under varying weather conditions. Moderate/high level of livestock noise is to be expected and protective equipment used during tasks include safety glasses, cutting board, hearing protection, protective mask. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements:
• Must be capable of following instructions from supervisor. The employee should be an active listener and learner as well as possess the ability to speak clearly and convey information effectively.
• Must be able to understand and effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation) and follow strict company bio-security policies