CDL-A/B Pro-Recycle Drivers
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in safe and efficient transport of deceased stock at company and contract farms. The incumbent will follow established routes, 35 – 40 stops, picking up waste materials from various facilities, ranging in distance. Responsibilities include appropriate loading of deceased stock, keep up with route sheets, completion of mileage reports, maintain and keep trucks clean, and DOT reports. Drives tractor-trailer applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver deceased animals. This involves driving in a safe manner, being conscientious, responsible and alert. The applicant must be in compliance with all applicable state and federal DOT regulations, OSHA rules, and bio-security policies governing the farms entered by the driver.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Vehicle/Trailer Inspection: Conduct and record pre and post trip inspection report.
- Bio-security: Observe & follow company policy including proper coveralls, hair net and plastic boots. Disposing of all items appropriately.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Work schedule can vary and will be assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- Knowledge of principles rules and regulations set forth by DOT (Department of Transportation), the FMCSR handbook and company rules
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license and a minimum of one (1) year verifiable experience, waste disposal experience a plus.
- Must have an acceptable driving record. No DWI within last 5 years.
- Must be able to understand written sentences, effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).
- Incumbent will be exposed to outdoor weather regularly as well as having to load feed into bins.
- Safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection and work boots.