- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Socalo is a growing company with a small, tight knit group of dedicated individuals that are passionate about food, beverage, and service. We are looking for a dedicated, organized dishwasher who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. Due to staffing needs, the dishwasher is expected to work weekends, nights, and holidays. Above all, the dishwasher will conduct themselves in a way reflecting the culture and philosophy of Socalo.
To be successful as a Dishwasher, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures. The Dishwasher’s duties include washing soiled plates and flatware and returning clean plates/ kitchen equipment to their assigned locations. They may also help prepare cook stations, clean appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed.
- Ensure the availability of clean dishes by washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware.
- Prepare dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
- Clean machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Unload and store deliveries.
- Sweep and mop floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Take out the trash and rinse garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
- Minimal work experience.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.