VICE PRESIDENT OF SUPPLY CHAIN
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
VICE PRESIDENT OF SUPPLY CHAIN
Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market
Studio City, CA
We are Mendocino Farms, a unique, fast-casual restaurant concept breaking all the old paradigms of the restaurant business. At Mendocino Farms, we exist to sell more than just sandwiches, we sell happy. We are where the neighborhood comes together over inspired sandwiches and soulful salads made from thoughtfully sourced ingredients. Our name comes from legendary Mendocino County, a town known for pioneering the slow food movement and sustainable farming. At Mendo, we make daily decisions that reinforce our values of being trailblazers, learning and growing, building a ‘we’ culture, winning the day for our guests and our team members to ultimately, selling happy!
The VICE PRESIDENT OF SUPPLY CHAIN is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the supply chain strategy to support enterprise goals, including overseeing the development of supply chain processes, sourcing, cost and service level agreements, and risk management strategies using hedging tactics to stabilize price volatility and margins, and the implementation of supply chain initiatives to support short and long-term supply chain performance.
Purchasing of All Products
- Source the best quality ingredients that meet the company’s flavor profile
- Develop a strategic relationship with vendors leveraging their knowledge and resources
- Work closely with operations to ensure supply chain functions smoothly
- Planning and directing the sourcing, testing, and delivering of all food, non-food, beverage, paper, small wares, and chemical products, equipment, and furniture.
- Prioritize all purchasing according to needs and budget
- Source new vendors and create professional relationships with new and existing vendors to ensure best results
- Monitor commodity markets and make informed decisions
- Develop, implement and continuously refine demand planning, procurement, supplier management and logistics
- Refine and strengthen the order management system, implement best practices and improve process efficiencies
Service Contracts and Product Specifications
- Negotiate with all manufactures and distributors for consistency and best available terms, including contract pricing, product rebates, marketing dollars, and promotional materials available to promote vendor products
- Ensure cost effective supply chain with exceptional service levels
- Ensure best possible quality and pricing on all items
- Create, maintain, evaluate, and update specifications for all products according to each department’s suggestions and guidelines.
- Source new products and work with appropriate department heads to test new products
- Make recommendations to add new products, and or changes to current products, procedures, or direction
- Stay current with packaging, pricing, and new innovative products on the market
- Stay ahead of competitors with new innovative products and ideas
- Source products looking at cost savings, improved quality, safety, environmentally friendly and cutting-edge technology.
Profit and Loss
- Develop forecasting, inventory management and supplier capacity management to ensure optimum and cost-effective product availability
- Partner with key department heads and operation’s leaderships to evaluate product usage and menu mix to ensure appropriate costs, product sales and profit margins
- Budget all spending according to company goals
- Planning, directing and implementation of annual budget, performance and goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Business or related field AND 7-10 years’ relevant experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: Ability to think ahead and plan over a one –to two- year span
- Management: Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, commodities, forecasting and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and experience with using Excel.
- High performance teams and a strong team player
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.