Accounts Payable Specialist
- $17.00 - $19.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
The AP Specialist will work with multiple clients and is responsible for the following:
- processing and paying 400-600+ invoices weekly upon client approval
- reconciling vendor statements monthly, or more often if needed
- processing manual checks, credit memos and credit card statements
- creating and sending weekly COGS reports to clients
- collecting and maintaining w-9 information and producing 1099's at year end
- reconciling AP aging account
- various other data entry tasks as assigned
Successful candidates will have the following:
- a BS/BA degree in accounting, business, finance or related field or equivalent experience is required
- excellent communication skills as frequent communication with both clients and vendors is required
- ability to work collaboratively with both clients and teammates
- extensive attention to detail
- ability to manage projects and assignments with extreme accuracy and efficiency
- ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines
- proficiency with spreadsheet, database and word processing applications
- As our systems are all cloud-based, the candidate should be comfortable using a computer for 95% of the work being completed including learning three specific software packages to be used
Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. provides full service accounting, financial advisory and consulting services to restaurants in Southern California. We know that all good chefs are adamant about mise en place in the kitchen and our goal at MEPRS is to help restaurants build more profitable businesses by maintaining order with their accounting systems, back office procedures and overall reporting. Using some of the newest accounting software available Mise En Place provides analytical and procedural tools available in the cloud to allow owners and operators the ability to manage and approve back office procedures remotely. MEPRS doesn’t only focus on streamlined reporting but streamlined processes for the restaurant as well. We offer different levels of service and reporting to meet the needs of the fledgling start-up restaurateur and also the needs of the most sophisticated operators in the industry.
Our services range from affordable, basic accounting and reporting services to premium services which include basic reporting but also provide budgets, benchmarking statistics and monthly advisory meetings. We also provide consulting services to restaurants with those services ranging from preparation of financial projections for business plans to operational reviews and menu pricing to business valuations.
Founded in early 2012 by Elissa Phillips, former Vice President at Vine Solutions, Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing restaurants with relevant and useful information so that owners and management can effectively run the day to day operations.