Business Development and Event Lead
Eric Buterbaugh Design Los Angeles, CA
- $45K - $75K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded, driven event person! We're looking for a passionate event and new business lead with an owner mentality for our event vertical.
Biz Dev + Event Lead
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced, take-charge professional with the ability to manage the administration and logistics of numerous events and shop activities while creating a strategy and building a pipeline for the events vertical.
- Looking for a BIG picture thinker who sees the possibilities. DREAMS big and is not afraid to roll-up their sleeves and do “all of the things” – BIG and small.
- Must be able to anticipate seasonal financial dips, project business and client needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Event Lead should have a deep passion for and experience with event management, have a luxury sensibility, provide outstanding customer service, and possess the charisma, spirit and desire to build relationships with internal and external customers, clients and key stakeholders.
- Can flourish in an environment with minimal to no structure, create and implement processes that enable the team to perform at a high level and execute flawlessly with no hand-holding.
- Ideally, have flower design history, design perspective and knowledge of floral industry.
- New Business Development - Create a pipeline of opportunity across industries (not limited to fashion, corporate, residential, tech, retail, medical) AND with local, national and international planners
- Plan event with attention to detail including financial and time constraints
- Manage weekly clients ensuring their satisfaction and growing the pipeline of business through existing clientele (gifts, parties, etc.)
- Manage Holiday installs and clienteles growing the pipeline with holiday parties, gifting, etc.
- Research vendors and choose the best combination of quality and cost
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms
- Hire contract or freelance personnel to scale with event
- Manage all event operations
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Develop and execute industry marketing plan to support business development efforts
- Proven event management experience
- Excellent organization skills and experience with project management
- Is a cultural fit for a small, rapidly growing business; exhibits HIGH EQ
- Business Development & Sales track record – creating a pipeline of NEW business
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Resourceful, driven, optimistic
- Tenacious, Driven
- Luxury Aesthetic
- Knowledge of basic recruitment practices
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism and superior customer service
- Ability to accomplish projects with little to no supervision
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Problem-solving ability
- Close out all events as required
- Preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar
- Help to document activities prior to and during the events for internal and external communications