Seasonal Pool/ Lobby Bar Manager
- $50K - $53K Annual Salary
- Temporary / Seasonal
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position: Food and Beverage Assistant Manager- Pool/Lobby Bar
Department: Food & Beverage
Division: Hotel & Resorts
Position Purpose: This position is concerned with assisting to manage the F&B operation of the Pool/Lobby Bar as a successful operating center ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and financial viability, all within accordance with Company established standards.
Essential Job Functions:
Overall Operational Duties
- Assist to maximize revenues, profitability and control costs of the operations.
- Ensure effective operations of applicable food and beverage venues at all times.
- Assist with hiring and development of the food & beverage personnel.
- Implement, maintain and enforce all company & departmental policies and procedures as well as standards of quality and performance.
- Continue to raise the quality of service in the food and beverage outlets.
- Execute/manage all ambiance standards (lighting, music levels, TV, fireplace, movies, etc.) for pool, lobby bar and courtyard.
- Assist with booking and serving all private parties in the restaurant.
- Maintain and ensure proper menus are present in all outlets at all times.
- Ensure state licensing/certification of food and beverage handlers.
- Conduct performance appraisals and counsel/discipline staff as appropriate.
- Maintain Safety and Health regulations.
- Assist in executing the hotel’s property amenities & marketing programs.
- Excellent communication, guest service and team building skills.
- Develop working relationships with other departments to work for the betterment of the hotel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that operating standards are met and ensures that the established service sequence is adhered to
- Has thorough menu and F&B product knowledge
- Handles guest inquiries and complaints
- Maintains a high profile in the operation
- Has complete knowledge of all duties and responsibilities of each job position reporting to them
- Effectively communicates and disseminates information to employees
- Sets up and maintains displays and Point of Sales
- Conducts daily walk through of the area of responsibility
- Conducts daily pre-shift meetings
- On going communication with the chef; maintains open and effective front of house and back of house relations
- Completes and maintains log books
- Manages sanitary conditions and cleaning.
- Provides leadership and sets the examples
- Mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statement.
- Ability to work majority of shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen areas.
- Suggests ideas to the F&B Director for discussion and implementation
- Assists with organization of special events and promotions as requested
- Carries out monthly inventories of beverage and operating equipment.
- Assists to conduct performance evaluations of F&B staff
- Helps to ensure that each staff member is sufficiently trained to meet all standards
- Documents and records staff coach and counseling and trainingOther
- Attends meetings and training as directed
- Responds to service requests as needed
- Monitors guest satisfaction
- Carry out any requests by upper management in conjunction with work
- To ensure that all employees provide courteous and professional service at all times.
- Maintains a positive and outgoing attitude on the job.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
- To have a complete understanding of the Hotel’s/Company’s employee handbook and to adhere to its’ rules and regulations.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times by adhering to the Grooming Policy.
- At least one year of F&B management/supervisory experience, preferably in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
- Able to speak proficiently about seasonal food ingredients
- Comprehensive knowledge of all spirits to include small batch vodka, gin, bourbon, whiskey, tequila, aperitifs, cordials, and Scottish whiskey.
- Comprehensive knowledge of beer to include production, styles, and California microbrews.
- Comprehensive knowledge of wine to include varietals, pairings, regions and language.
- Able to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
- Working knowledge of Micros, Open Table, and Microsoft Office suite.