- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Heart of the House Manager
The Heart of the House Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining all operational procedures and programs related to heart of the house (kitchen) and food-related operations. He / she must provide a positive, consistent leadership role model to hourly staff; ensuring the Perfect Night Out®.
Education & Experience
- At minimum, candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must have been an Assistant Manager or Kitchen Manager in an upscale-casual or other high-end restaurant concept for a minimum of two (2) years; consideration is given for acceptable experience earned in The Melting Pot restaurants.
- Has a working understanding of financial reports, including but not limited to Profit & Loss statements, and is capable of creating action plans to address opportunities identified in financial reports.
- Understands food quality and preparation standards and is capable of training staff on and monitoring compliance with company standards for food preparation and kitchen operations
- Is capable of performing regular kitchen line, food safety and temperature checks to ensure efficiency of kitchen operations.
- Understands building sanitation and maintenance and is capable of identifying, communicating and remedying any maintenance, sanitation or safety issue.
- Understands how to monitor Heart-of-the-House labor costs through evaluation of training, productivity and weekly labor projections, and is capable of adjusting to ensure that all budgetary goals are met.
- Has a working understanding of basic cash-control procedures for the restaurant industry.
- Is capable of evaluating and developing Heart-of-the-House team members.
- Is capable of maximizing food inventory, ordering and receiving cost controls through training, monitoring, inventory controls and POS pricing structures.
- Is an effective communicator with other members of management and with staff. Has the ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner.
- Can implement and execute local marketing initiatives.
- Is detail-oriented and understands how to effectively manage a shift through regular practices such as checklists and routines.
- Has an ownership-mentality that will ensure daily successful execution of operations.