- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Sticky’s Finger Joint began out of a love for chicken fingers and the desire to think outside the box for how a restaurant could serve them. The founders of Sticky’s thought there were a lot of New Yorkers who really loved chicken fingers but didn’t have a great place to get them. They also thought there were endless flavors of dipping sauces that could pair well with a great chicken finger. And thus, Sticky’s was born! The first location opened in 2012 on West 8th Street in Manhattan.
From the get-go, Sticky’s was all about thinking creatively and doing things differently. Sticky’s launched with over 25 homemade dipping sauces on the menu which were inspired by cuisines from around the world. We found local graffiti artists to put up original murals on the walls. We played energetic music and kept serving chicken ‘til the wee hours of the night. We hired people from all different backgrounds and wanted to make everyone feel at home when they were in the store.
Join The Crew - About The General Manager Role
Find a career that will stick! Sticky’s General Managers are the leaders of our stores and the faces of our brand. General Managers work with their teams to achieve consistent excellence in hospitality and customer service. General Managers are required to exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the store. Most of the time is spent supervising and directing the workforce, making staffing decisions (hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling), ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, managing financial performance, and overseeing safety and security.
- Display a customer comes first attitude, train and hold staff accountable for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Plan and delegate responsibilities to staff to ensure smooth operations.
- Manage with integrity and honesty that continuously promotes the culture, values, and mission of Sticky’s.
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events, manage smooth transitions thereafter to set an example for the store team.
- Drive the implementation of programs by developing action plans and directly motivating the staff to implement them.
- Provide coaching and direction to the store team.
- Review store environment and key business indicators regularly to so business goals can be achieved.
- Handle guests’ complaints, concerns and service issues confidentially and with grace.
Planning and Execution
- Utilizes tools to identify and prioritize communications to the store team.
- Constantly monitors and manages staffing levels to maintain store operational requirements.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of all areas of the restaurant.
- Ensures completion of inventory, inputting and reconciling food orders, and creating team member schedules.
- Manages labor deployment in the restaurant to ensure hourly labor is within parameters of set labor budget
- Monitors food waste and inventory and resolves food quality issues
- Maintains and manages food cost within the restaurant; if issues arise, helps to troubleshoot and come up with a solution
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues.
- Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store.
- Ensures and is accountable for adherence to applicable wage and hour laws.
- Regularly uses discretion in accessing external resources to support store operations and to execute company initiatives.
- Responsible for completion all administrative duties including banking, Cash Handling policies and responsibilities, Loss Prevention audits, and office paperwork
- Handles all worker’s comp and guest injury incidents
- Ensures completion of Sticky’s food safety checklists to ensure proper food handling.
- Has an adequate understanding of HR policies and procedures. Educates team on and enforces all appropriate policies.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining a team of all top performers
- Monitors restaurant equipment and ensures it is kept in good repair.
Crew Member Development/Team Building
- Challenges and inspires crew members to achieve business results.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with staff by understanding individual motivation, needs, and concerns.
- Actively manages store crew members conducting performance assessments providing feedback and setting goals.
- Manages ongoing crew member performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using organizational tools and programs.
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team.
- Leads difficult conversations, manages performance, and resolves potential conflicts among staff in a confidential manner
Summary of Experience
- High school or GED
- Three years of progressively responsible retail experience, including one year of supervisory experience
- Experience analyzing financial and labor reports
- College degree in business or a closely related field may substitute for a portion of the required experience
Required Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities
- Be passionate about Sticky’s food and culture and have a strong desire to create exceptional moments
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures, as well as, customer service techniques
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor team partners
- Team-building and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that established service levels are always achieved
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced environment and independently manage store operations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information
- Must have State/Local Food Handler's certifications (varies by city and state)
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other team members