- Depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
Primary Location: Washington, DC
The Temporary Cognos Modeler/Developer will be responsible for designing and developing Cognos 11 BI solutions that shall include activities pertaining to Analysis, Data modeling and Report Development. This individual will assume a lead technical development role in the creation and deployment of enterprise BI reporting solutions. The position will be tasked with creation and maintenance of enterprise level reporting solutions and business intelligence applications. This position will also be responsible for analyzing requirements in tandem with assigned business analysts and provide guidance/mentoring for BI developers from other business units.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interface with sponsoring business units, IT and third party developers through the product development and testing process to ensure the delivery of error free business intelligence applications.
· Develop new and support existing Cognos BI reporting solutions to include reports and framework manager models.
· Write and maintain technical specifications that describe program development, data modeling, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
· Provide technical assistance and analysis with troubleshooting reports and data models by effectively responding to inquiries and questions.
· Interact with assigned business analysts and project manager to ensure an accurate and comprehensive understanding of data and reporting requirements.
· Ensure timely and thorough issue escalation and resolution as well as strict adherence to all project milestones and deadlines.
· Serve as the Cognos subject matter expert during all applicable product implementations and bug fixes.
· Work in conjunction with the quality assurance team to create and/or validate system acceptance and user acceptance test plans and test scripts to ensure error free delivery of tools and reports as required.
· Thoroughly walkthrough applicable functional requirements and prototype designs with appropriate Client staff to ensure they accurately reflect business needs and needed capabilities.
· Effectively interface, support and report to the project manager for all assigned projects.
· Provide project status updates and reports to senior leadership as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, or a related field.
· 4 + years experience working with Cognos Business Intelligence Suite in a data warehouse/mart environment.
· Full life cycle experience of designing and developing Cognos 11 BI solution together with a complete understanding of data warehouse\business intelligence development lifecycle.
· Four years of professional experience in data modeling using Cognos 11 BI Framework Manager.
· Two years of extensive Cognos BI report development experience.
· Must have geospatial expertise in setting up map temples using IBM built-in features or other software tools.
· Must have experience in developing geospatial mapping applications to display heat map, zoom in and out, and drill-down with filters in Cognos Analytics environment.
· Must have demonstrated experience in the creation of complex data models using framework manager, complex reports and dashboard style solutions using Cognos 11 Series.
· Must have strong SQL writing and programming skills, preferably in SQL Server environment.
· Must have sound understanding and foundation of both relational and dimensional modeling techniques.
· Must have demonstrated experience in the creation of requirements and design documents, technical specifications.
· Must be able to shift priorities and demonstrate the ability to meet urgent operational deadlines.
· Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Must be a motivated team player committed to working toward departmental and organizational goals.
· Must be flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
· Previous experience working with healthcare related data model and\or standards will be a great plus.
· Experience in ETL development using TSQL, SSIS and/or other ETL development tools are desirable.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and MDX desirable.
· Previous experience working in a web technology position, with a working knowledge of Visual Basic, C#, HTML, XML, Java script, SQL and .net technology a plus.
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.