- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Service Assistant is responsible for facilitation the cleanliness, maintenance and turn over of tables in the restaurant. This includes setting tables efficiently without making noise, serve and refill water and cleaning the dining area and serving stations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a clean, well-groomed, professional appearance at all times.
- Directly responsible for assisting servers.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Clears dishes, sanitize and sets tables, sweep or vacuum the surrounding floor in a professional and effective manner.
- Help servers/runners serve guests, restock utensils, napkins and other dining room equipment.
- Grooming of the entire restaurant and its perimeters.
- Serve guests, bread, butter and water, provide refills as needed.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Communicate with servers and hosts to ensure efficient seating and table utilization.
- Stock all service areas and maintaining adequate supplies during meal period.
- Ensure that each guest is treated in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
- Prepare and present quality coffee beverages using a variety of equipment and utensils according to established recipe and presentation standards in the restaurant.
- Thank guests as they are leaving.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- To follow all company safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Six (6) months of experience as service assistant/busser in a similar environment.
- Experience as barista (Preferred).
- Florida Food Handlers card (within 30 days of hire).
- High school diploma.
- Basic Math Skills add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Strong guest service orientation.
- Good communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests).
- Identify and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to take directions and be a team player.
- Multi-task oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing, sitting, and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is quiet to moderate.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.