Mariposa Sedona, AZ
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
- Responsible for the management of all aspects of the restaurant, dining room and function rooms; Directs and maintains a service and management philosophy which guides and leads team members; Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the interior restaurant structure.
- Active Food Handlers Card required.
- Previous experience in large restaurant management.
- Responsible for the financial and service aspects of all areas of the restaurant.
- POS administration; Review Sales for previous day; resolve issues with accounting.
- Review Daily specials and meet with Chef to discuss any back of the house issues.
- Manage the floor managers/hosts during the dinner service.
- Supervise floor management and implement floor logistics including server and busser sections, table settings and ensure that the floor managers are responsive to guests special requests.
- Ensure that the restaurant management team ensures that servers and bussers have an equitable and fair distribution of guests in a well paced environment.
- Make sure the floor managers supervise and that side work is assigned and completed by servers and bussers both at the beginning and end of service.
- Make sure, with the floor managers, that dining rooms, bus stations, storage area and bathrooms are ready for service.
- Communicate misconduct or other staff problems to the Corporate General Manager and/or Owner.
- You will have the authority to require a staff member to leave pending further determination if behavior, attitude or performance is detrimental or unsafe to the operation of the restaurant.
- Make sure applicable Federal/State/Local regulations and documents are in order, esp. labor, liquor and health laws.
- Supervise the preparation of work schedules for Dining Room staff paying attention to business trends and labor costs.
- Monitor the managers making sure that staff for tardiness, readiness to work, assign side work as needed.
- Conduct pre-shift staff meeting to discuss specials, work assignments, and pertinent issues.
- Review and make sure floor managers have monitored reservations with host and follow up on special requests and pre assign tables if needed.
- Maintain and assist in hiring as well as training a well organized, well motivated, competent team.
- Make sure all closing duties are done.
- Make sure that the managers have POS tables closed and that the credit card batch is sent at the end of service.
- Security .
- Responsible that managers supervise the maintenance of refrigerator temperature logs.
- Review with event coordinator the events scheduled well in advance of the event and plan accordingly .
- Executive Management abilities.
- Good verbal and written Communication skills.
- Pleasant personality which allows the ability to multi-task between customers, management, staff, and back of the house.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws governing equal employment, civil rights, OSHA, wage and hour issues and labor relations.
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 25% off health club membership
- Sick pay