- $12.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Job Summary: Event Services Attendant team members operate with a high degree of autonomy in the area of facilities operations and technology. The role of the Event Services staff is to create a very inviting and rewarding experience for all Falls Event Center guests and customers. Specifically, Event Services staff members on duty are responsible for operating all audio/visual equipment, room setups, and maintaining an impeccable facility. Additionally, the Event Services staff are responsible for providing client hosting responsibilities during event for event center clients and guests and assisting the event center’s management staff when needed.
Supervision: This position reports directly to the Assistant General Manager and/or General Manager.
Hours: Approximately 25-35 hours per week including weekends. Early mornings and late night hours are possible and should be expected.
Qualifications: Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Dependable and ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Possess and display attention to detail in his or her day-to-day work.
- Ability and comfortableness with handling heavy items over an extended period of time
- Willingness and interest in working with others
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects at once.
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to work and learn
- Flexibility and problem solving ability
- The event services must have the ability and willingness to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
Responsibilities: Interact with clients on day of event to assure proper event set up and be contact for any needs.
- During events assist client’s vendors with coordination of load ins and outs. Direct vendors on use of equipment and facilities.
- Responsible as the primary onsite contact for clients and all needs.
- Complete all meeting/event room setups for the day as listed in the Banquet Event Order
- Set up and operate audio/visual equipment, sound systems, and video projectors as needed.
- Ensure that all rooms are opened for scheduled events, and locked promptly after.
- Ensure that the building looks impeccable and is safe for guests at all times. This will include cleaning and housekeeping duties.
- Complete rounds of the building, guaranteeing overall building appearance, safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Understand and uphold The Falls Event Center policies.
- Complete all daily facility maintenance duties as listed in the Event Center Daily Checklist.
- Serve as a support for all events and staff on duty to ensure smooth operation of building events.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and training sessions including weekly staff meeting.
- Black pants (e.g, jeans, chinos, dickeys)
- Logoed uniform shirt or black collared button up shirt (provided by Wedgewood) to be worn tucked into pants with black belt
- Predominately black, non-skid shoes are required
- Wedgewood provided nametag