SILVER LAKE POOL & INN | HOUSEPERSON
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
OPENING OCTOBER 2019
Paligroup is currently seeking a Houseperson for New SILVER LAKE POOL & INN.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
An individual who likes being active all day and not in an office environment. An independent worker can follow task lists with minimal supervision. Someone who is detailed oriented and enjoys enhancing the guest experience by ensuring the property interior and exterior are in excellent condition.
The Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the public areas, assisting housekeepers or building maintenance as needed, and managing daily linen inventory.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean public areas by category priority.
- Inventory, fold, and stock housekeeping closets daily.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par to designated layout.
- Remove soil, dirt, dust, from all common areas.
- Clean air vents in all common areas and guest rooms.
- Dust and polish all furniture, mop floors and vacuum where needed.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors.
- Clean all lamps and light switches; check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Has a strong working knowledge of and passion for hospitality
- Displays a strong hands-on approach; thrives in guest and colleague interactions.
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Guest and service oriented with a great smile
- Strong knowledge of cleaning products. Ideally has good knowledge of carpet spotting and shampooing, as well as stain removal from various surfaces
- Quality oriented and thorough in their work
- Good physical condition with the ability to exert physical effort
- Ability to lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs
Education: High school certificate or equivalent
Experience: Needs to have a minimum of one-year experience in a similar position
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEO employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.