- $80K - $100K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Are you passionate about having project ownership from start to finish, being responsible for all the outcomes? Do you appreciate the exquisite quality of the process and the great end product? At Newport Concepts we will provide you a position that supports you to be your best at running projects, collaborating with our design department and developing professionally.
We manage a boutique chain of successful fast casual restaurants in the Los Angeles area, and are hiring to help our future store expansions.
- This position has 3 critical deliverables from a performance management perspective: New Restaurant Openings, Remodels, and Building Maintenance.
- Collaborating with Design in set up of projects to insure profitability, quality satisfaction and the best subcontractors for the project.
- Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to the best outcome: including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.
- Working in partnership with the Design team, subcontractors, and in-house workers to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule.
- Coordinate the work of all in house workers and contractors in conjunction with the main office.
- Arrange, monitor and be present for all inspections.
- Ensure design, layout, equipment, millwork, signage, and related components are aligned with prototype design specifications / brand standards and executed on time/on budget.
- Closely monitor construction progress and quality with onsite visits and onsite office days on construction projects where you will provide functional expertise and counsel to sub-contractors. *most critical
- Read and comprehend information contained in architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical drawings and specifications.
- Visit all store locations, make punch list of maintenance items and work with corporate office and design to resolve and schedule maintenance tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in construction project management or as a general contractor.
- Experience building multiple projects (crews) at a time, and experience building hospitality projects is a plus.
- Must reside in the Los Angeles area and willing to work out of the corporate office in Encino, CA.
- Travel is required in Los Angeles County only at this time.
- Valid CA driver’s license.
- Knowledge of commercial restaurant equipment, HVAC & refrigeration systems, plumbing, and electrical repairs.
- Knowledge of commercial construction management processes.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and work in high pressure situations.
- Basic principles & techniques in plumbing, wood finishing, painting, electricity, carpentry and HVAC.
- Ability to lift equipment and work on equipment on the floor.
- Physically comfortable with pushing, pulling, bending, standing, climbing (including stairs and ladders), stooping, and other physical movements associated with repairing and maintaining machines/equipment.
- Competent at billing paperwork and managing payment flow.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, & Autocad is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is desired but not required.