- $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Position Purpose: Provide efficient, courteous and quality service to guests according to company standards and procedures. Timely reporting of all resort revenues and settlements, maintaining associated records and databases. Third shift position.
- Performs front desk responsibilities to include greeting guests, performing guest transactions, answering the telephone, providing wake-up calls, processing individual reservations, balancing credit card and cash transactions, and taking accurate messages for guests and management.
- Responsible for a working knowledge of the property management system (Opera) and all point of sales systems (Opera, Lodgenet, Micros, Protobase).
- Post and verify that room tax have been run on all occupied rooms; check and balance all food and beverage systems.
- Complete all Night Audit procedures such as cash reconciliation and DSTAT.
- Receives and resolves guest’s complaints and provides information within scope of authority.
- Completes shift checklist.
- Monitors front desk areas for safety, security, and appearance and reports any injuries, accidents or problems as necessary.
- Works with housekeeping and maintenance departments to assess room status for cleanliness, maintenance and any repair work.
- Responsible for accurate cash control to include keeping cash drawer at a minimum and ensuring that all funds are accounted for and deposits made according to policy.
- Check arrival details for next day and assign rooms appropriately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Able to work independently, has good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Organization and time management skills. Service oriented. Good oral and written communication towards guests, supervisors, peers, and/or subordinates. Able to guide, direct, and motivate others.
Education/Experience: High School or equivalent. 6+ months previous work experience in a guest service position required, preferably within the hospitality industry.
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!
Check us out on Instagram @garlandcareers