- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Conservatory is looking for a full time Cafe Manager who is reliable, energetic, hard working, and looking to grow our business.
We're looking for people with an extremely positive attitude, a fun & outgoing personality, a team player approach, and a passion for the food and beverage industry and providing excellent customer service while having fun too!
Previous restaurant management experience is required. Additionally, a friendly positive attitude, clear communication skills, and customer service skills are imperative!
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (verbal and written) with guests, co-workers, and management.
- Have knowledge of service as well as the food and beverage industry, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long period of time (up to 5 hours)
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work 45 to 55 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- At all times demonstrate honesty, integrity, and positive leadership in all aspects of performed duties and actions that might affect the restaurant, especially when representing the views of the restaurant and its operations by other employees, customers, or external parties.
- Ability to assist in the successful training, development, and motivation of front-of- the-house staff as they work toward meeting and exceeding expectations for their respective roles. Ensure that all front-of-the-house employees are carrying out their functions in accordance with all legal standards and regulations.
- Supervise and ensure that restaurant food is served promptly and at the proper temperature and presentation, orders are taken correctly, and guests are seated immediately. Resolve guest complaints promptly and hospitably.
- Attend and positively/productively participate in all management team and daily staff meetings.
- Ensure that restaurant equipment is well maintained.
- Understand supervised employee positions well enough to perform the duties in an employee's absence and/or to assign and direct another employee in fulfilling such tasks on an interim basis.
- Actively participate and assist in inventory assessment and management, in cooperation with Management and other restaurant staff.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation, and service levels.
- Open and/or close the Cafe, including the supervision and management of any closing duties.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Four-year degree or equivalent from a College or University AND/OR three years related experience and/or training in the restaurant industry
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment oriented toward customer service, to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner, to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently, to take instructions from supervisors, to exercise problem solving skills, and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.