- $50K - $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Conservatory is looking for a committed, proactive Beverage Manager who would enjoy work in an exciting, diversified and fast-paced environment. The Beverage Manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train waitstaff, and ensure that patrons are receiving excellent service and drinks, from the coffee program to us speakeasy bar, going through the restaurant and the main bar.
You will also manage inventory and resources, help in planning promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses and update vendor contracts, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction. You should also be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. ( Other duties may be assigned.)
- Oversee all functions of the bar, including cash handling procedures and the recording of revenue at the end of each day.
- Assign work and side duties to bar staff in accordance with company procedures to ensure efficiency. This includes communicating additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Prepare weekly schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts and adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Inspect and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service and that all aspects are in compliance with the standards of cleanliness and order.
- Train all bartenders and bar-backs in their job functions.
- Maintain inventory of bar, order any supplies when necessary.
- Monitor beverage cost on a weekly basis.
- Aid the General Manager in the accounting of other supplies, such as cleaning or equipment necessities to ensure we are not without.
- Exceptional customer service, and ability to anticipate guests needs and promote positive guest relations.
- Ability to think quickly in times of duress and handle any issues, guest or other.
- Ensure bar staff is completing all duties necessary before the end of their shift.
- Update the POS system with any changes made to the menu.
- Ability to aid General Manager in some administrative duties if necessary.
- Conduct monthly inventories of beer, liquor, and wine.
- Ability to complete payroll if necessary.