AV System Commissioner / Customer Experience Lead
- $65K - $75K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Cloud9 Smart blends technology into homes and offices around New York City. Our SmartCare team is a dedicated group of support technicians who always keep our commercial and residential clients’ technology up and running. Our goal is to give our clients’ access to the latest technology while keeping the overall user experience as clean and simple as possible. Operating out of Union Square since 2001, our 35-person team loves technology and takes pride in stellar customer service.
We are currently in search of an AV System Commissioner / Customer Experience Lead. This position reports to the Director of IT and Client Services and is responsible for key transitional phases in our production and deployment processes. This includes conducting user experience meetings with clients, in house system configuration/programming, on-site system commissioning, and final training.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Job Duties [Primary]
- Conduct user experience meetings with our commercial and residential clients
- Run finished rack builds through complete and intensive stress tests to ensure that all services function as expected, and according to client needs before site deployment
- On-site AV system commissioning, including speaker and microphone calibration, level balancing, Savant UI adjustments, Wi-Fi, lighting integration, systems remote access, etc.
- Lighting system final scene programming and keypad adjustments
- 3rd party device integration
- Client training sessions
- Ongoing review, and refinement of site documentation
Job Duties [Secondary]
- Provide top-level support for field technicians during remote or on-site service calls as needed
- New product evaluations in conjunction with our engineering team
- Audits of customer technology documentation
- Documentation of department best practices
Required Skills & Product Experience
- 3-5 years of experience servicing and programming AV Control Systems (Savant Preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience servicing and programming Lutron Lighting Systems (RadioRA, and Homeworks QS)
- Ability to read and interpret network, audio, and video schematics
- In-depth understanding of A/V signal path and troubleshooting best practices
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of IP Networks
- Proficiency in both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Demonstration of wire management and cable termination proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under tight time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills
- A strong belief in ethical business principles
- Ability to work in a team environment
Beneficial Supplemental Skills & Product Experience
- Experience with video conferencing systems (Polycom SoundStructure and/or Extron Preferred)
- Experience integrating HVAC systems
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Successful candidates will have 3-5 years of experience in a customer-facing, and AV technical environment. Formal experience and training in the AV industry are required for this position. The ideal candidate will work well under pressure, be an integral team player, and an absolute delight to our customers and staff.
Full benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.). MTA Card.
Submit a résumé and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Also, let us know within a few sentences what interests you about this position, our business, or our industry. You can find more information about us at www.cloud9smart.com. Thanks for reading!