- $0.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
A General Manager at Lucky Strike is responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the venue and direct supervision of the venue management team. Ensures all Lucky Strike standards, policies and procedures are adhered to. Ensure that guest satisfaction is a number one priority of the venue team. Maintain personal integrity by abiding to and supporting Lucky Strike’s Mission Statement and core values principals through leadership, positive attitude and with joyful energy.
The General Manager’s duties include the following but are not limited to:
- Ensuring guest experience and satisfaction.
- Ensures the highest quality product that meets all Lucky Strike standards and our guest’s expectations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff and management team members make guest experience their number one priority through leadership by example.
- Defuses and resolves guest experience issues in a positive, professional and timely manner.
- Shopper Reports are at or above company standards. Substandard performance is addressed and corrected immediately. Lucky Strike standard is 90 or above on a consistent basis.
- Ensures that “Special Events’ and “Parties” are executed to Lucky Strike’s standards in regards to set up and presentation, staffing levels, service expectations, and food quality/quantity.
- Enforces responsible alcohol service practices. Requires appropriate training for all managers and team members who are involved with or responsible for alcohol service.
- Oversees the recruitment and hiring of all the venue’s hourly team members to Lucky Strike’s standards.
- Oversees the recruitment and hiring of all the venue management team.
- Adheres to and maintains Lucky Strike’s training procedures and standards.
- Ensures that all team members are successfully trained.
- Oversees the ongoing training and development of the entire management team and has the ability to recognize individual’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Use of job descriptions as a hiring and development guide.
- Maintains an “Open Door” policy. Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals. Ensures daily pre-shift meetings and communication secessions occur.
- Ensures a positive and creative work environment for all team members and management.
- Responsible to see that the venue is properly staffed at all times.
- Enforces established safety practices for the venue.
- Facilitates proper communication between all departments. Provides proper coaching and counseling to the venue team. Ensures that all pertinent information that is necessary for the team to successfully perform their job duties is communicated to them in a timely manner.
- Responsible to conduct weekly manager’s meetings.
- Ensures that monthly individual “one on one” development meetings with all managers occur.
- Conducts quarterly meeting with venue training team.
- Responsible for the financial health of the venue.
- Participates in preparing the venue’s annual budget.
- Ensures that venue budgetary goals are met.
- Responsible to develop short and long term plans for revenue growth and cost control reductions.
- Works to build the business through community involvement, marketing and networking.
- Ensures that Food and Beverage COS, Controllable expenses and labor costs are within budgetary percentage guidelines.
- Ensures systems are in place and adhered to for all cost controls and inventories.
- Ensures that the venue “Sales Journal” is updated and accurate. Forecasting is performed accurately and consistently.
- Approves venue purchases and oversees proper invoice coding. Ensures that AP is processed on a timely basis.
- Monitors labor cost and team member’s scheduling process to ensure budgetary goals are met while maintaining appropriate staffing levels to ensure quality guests experience.
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed. Safe counts and petty cash policies are followed.
- Ensures that all financial reporting is produced in a timely, accurate and thorough manner that meets Lucky Strike’s accounting standards.
- Ensures that the venue management team is knowledgeable of the venue financial performance, budgets and goals. Teaches and develops the management team in regards to financial management.
- Oversees and participates in the physical inventory process. Prepares the bi-weekly COGS report in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborates with Home Office Accounting Manager on period P&L review calls.
- Party & Special Events costs are at budgetary goals.
- Produces monthly highlight report.
- Responsible to create and develop venue programming that is financially responsible, generates content and energy and improves the brand.
Venue Vibe and Ambience
- Responsible for the upkeep of the physical elements and atmosphere of the venue. Music, lighting, temperature, cleanliness, line of sight, repair and maintenance of the FFE, safety of guest and the team AND creating an exciting environment with joyful energy.
- Ensure that “Proven Programs” are in place and used to Lucky Strike standards. Weekly tracking and reporting is accurate and timely.
- Ensures that all Lucky Strike marketing and promotional programs are implemented and executed to company standards.
- Venue Inspections are at or above company standards. Substandard items are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Quarterly Operating Plans are established and goals are met.
- Responsible to establish and maintain positive working relations with local and state regulatory agencies and officials. (Police, Fire, Health Department, Mayors, County Commissioners, State Alcohol Beverage Control and Landlords).
- Responsible to resolve and / or correct issues that arise with regulatory agencies in a timely, professional manner.
- Communication: Bad news, along with good news, is communicated in a timely manner up the chain of command or to the appropriate home office department.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all home office department heads and their teams. Responds in an appropriate timeframe and manner to inquiries and issues. Strives to resolve in a positive, constructive manner.
- Responsible to make decision based on what is good for the overall make up of the whole business. The business being the entire spectrum of people, integrity and profits.
- Responsible to be a good citizen of and to the community that we live and work in.
- Actively involved in the community that Lucky Strike resides in through charity work, associations, organizations, schools and community outreach to create goodwill and to give back.
- Initiative /Action orientated
- Positive Working relationships
- Accountability / Follow up
- Judgment / Analysis / Decisiveness
- Strong Communication Skills (written / verbal)
- Development (self and subordinates)
- Entrepreneurial spirit / Creativity
- Mentorship /Teacher
- Minimum 5 years of successful management experience in the Hospitality, Restaurant and/or Entertainment industry.
- Successful track record of managing a high volume, multi-faceted and fast paced operation.
- Strong financials and P&L responsibilities experience. Budgeting knowledge and experience.
- Base knowledge of Legal and HR issues with regards to the hospitality industry. Federal, state and local laws regarding liquor, labor and health codes / statutes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including: Outlook, Excel and Word.
Lucky Strike Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Thriving at the bustling intersections of live music, chef-driven cuisine, nightlife, arcade games and bowling, Lucky Strike has emerged as an industry leader in entertainment by crafting immersive, unforgettable experiences through timeless friendly service, one-of-a-kind atmosphere, chef-driven food & drink, and industry leading bowling.