Director, Information Technology
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This position will be accountable for providing technical leadership, expertise and support with Fleet Feet’s information systems. This position will be responsible for partnering with multiple groups across the organization (Finance, Data Analytics, Vendor Management, Marketing, Human Resources, company owned Store Operations, Distribution Center and Education) with the goal of understanding the current information systems state, identifying gaps and needs, and ultimately building a future information systems and risk management roadmap for Fleet Feet.
This position is accountable for creating and executing the strategic direction for the information systems at Fleet Feet. This will include researching new potential technology vendors, leveraging our existing technology, assessing risk, and prioritizing the needs of the business. Partnership and with the department leaders will be imperative for the success of this role.
- Planning and directing business systems strategic and long-range goals. Conducting organizational reviews to identify strengths and gaps and to evaluate operational effectiveness.
- Establishing project portfolio and roadmap to execute and deliver the agreed-upon strategy.
- Collaborating with internal leaders to translate business requirements into technology projects. Implementing, managing, and delivering those projects on time.
- Advocating for process and systems changes that align IT best practices with business needs. Providing internal IT advisory and advocate for process improvement and system design.
- Be able to translate complex requirements into a functional, information systems plan that meets Fleet Feet’s needs.
- Providing and encouraging best practices related to technology.
- Willing to go above and beyond when technical issues arise.
- Actively listen, engage and respond to business partners and leadership.
- 10 -12+ years of information systems, data governance and/or risk management experience
- 5+ years of project management, business analysis, or experience in building business requirements.
- Strong business acumen and retail industry knowledge
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Project management skills, including the ability to create buy-in, manage expectations, and deliver on milestones
- Addresses issues with a process-led approach to simplify before automating solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, including ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of leadership
- Strong ability to coach, influence and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to think strategically about issues and opportunities to properly assess impacts
- Ability to act as a business consultant for a diverse system, including third party vendors
- Problem-solver who enjoys challenges and takes pride in creating the right solution
- Excellent communicator with the ability to listen and adapt
- Communicate professionally with the team, staff, vendors and customers
- Builds and maintains trust by using sound judgment
- Collaborative and customer-centric
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed
- Support all Fleet Feet initiatives, activities, and functions
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.