Functional Flexibility Instructor
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Fleet Feet St. Louis (FFSTL) is a locally owned and operated business whose core belief is that running changes lives. Our mission is to get people moving. For more than twenty five years FFSTL has supported that mission by providing active St. Louisans with gear that fits their individual needs, training that helps them reach their fitness goals, and races that satisfy their competitive spirit. Our team currently consists of approximately sixty payrolled employees and a multitude of partners, consultants, and ambassadors. Our playing field includes our five retail locations, our two training studios, and running spots throughout St. Louis. In 2016 FFSTL was named Employer of the Year by the City of St. Charles. Fleet Feet was recently profiled in Forbes and our exciting partnership with Karhu was detailed in Shape.
Our training division, Fleet Feet Running Club (FFRC), was introduced in 1976 by the co-founders of the original, Sacramento-based, Fleet Feet store. Elizabeth Jansen and Sally Edwards created a club that was defined not by how fast or far they ran, but by the spirit and passion they displayed when they ran. More than four decades later, FFRC is bringing people together in over 100 communities across America.
In St. Louis, FFRC is directed by Brandi Barbre and she sets the highest of bars. She demands the best from the Fleet Feet Running Club (FFRC) staff so they can demand the best of our clients. Our educators hold certifications from the Aerobic & Fitness Association of America, the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Council of Exercise, the International Sports Science Association, the National Academy of Speed and Explosion, the National Academy of Sports Medicine, the National Strength & Conditioning Association, USA Weightlifting, and more. They are well-versed in human movement, exercise technique, program design, and nutrition. Their goals are to help FFRC members safely reach their current goals and then appropriately set, and safely attain, higher goals.
FFSTL is looking for a Functional Flexibility Instructor for our St. Charles location who is passionate about the art of yoga and who can scientifically design a class to restore and increase flexibility and balance for runners. The person in this position will have responsibility and/or accountability for the following:
- leading group training sessions for our Functional Flexibility class
- teaching safe, effective exercises to a variety of populations
- developing a flexibility program to meet the specific needs of an individual client
- effectively communicating information to groups and individuals both verbally and in writing
- conducting administrative functions using MINDBODY, our business management platform
- assisting in the marketing of FFRC activities at various events and using multiple online platforms
- Must hold a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor certification - 200 hour level (RYT-200)
- Experience teaching group fitness classes
- Must hold a current CPR/AED certification
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Exceedingly high energy level
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships quickly
- Experience and high comfort level working and communicating with clients of all age groups and physical abilities.
- High energy and fun atmosphere
- Community involvement and community service activities
- Training Program, Race entries, and Product discounts
- Passionate team members
Want to join our Team?
Are you looking to turn your passion into your career, work with like-minded people in a fast-paced, fun and customer-centric environment? Then we want you!
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.