Top of the Market Cook
- $17.00 - $21.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Are you passionate about seafood and fine dining? Do you want to be part of a dynamic restaurant environment and a California tradition while deepening your knowledge of seafood? If so, then The Fish Market wants you to join our team as a cook in our Top of the Market restaurant.
Brief Job Description:
The cook is an integral function of the smooth running of The Top of the Market. Cooks, under direction of the Executive Chef, are responsible for ensuring that food preparation, production, recipes and standards within restaurant are completed in accordance to the Top of the Market’s standards of Uncompromising Quality.
Essential Job Duties:
- Preparing high quality food items to order for our guests
- Following recipe and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed guests' expectations
- Coordinating food orders to support timely and efficient delivery to each table
- Ensuring proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety
- Meeting special guest requests while ensuring Uncompromised Quality
- 1-2 years’ experience as a line cook or prep cook; fine dining experience preferred
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Possess excellent knife skills and be able to operate basic kitchen equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- California Food Handler’s Card
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours in a day
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, and raise arms above head on occasion
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The Fish Market reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
50% Discount on meals in The Fish Market
The Fish Market serves only the freshest catches from waters near, far and everywhere in between. Seafood is our passion, freshness is our mission, and quality is our commitment. Perched atop The Fish Market in two of our locations, Top of the Market floats above the bustle with an intimate ambiance, exhibition-style cooking, memory-making views, and–of course–our signature quality seafood. We pride ourselves on offering our guests Uncompromised Quality and ensuring that our employees are empowered to ensure that every guest experiences what that means.
The Fish Market is an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer.