Seasonal Mixologist/Bartender- Part Time
- $16.10 Hourly
- Part Time
- 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position Purpose: Execution of beverage service and all of the components involved at the highest level in the restaurant and lounge. Effectively communicate with guests, general public, management and staff. Understand and comply with Policies and Procedures, job description, job requirements, daily memorandums and other instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Fully understands the drink menu and wine list. From the standpoint of ingredients and preparation of the cocktails and dishes, to the delivery and service expected to accompany the cocktail or food item.
• Delivers all required Standards of Service to the guest (e.g. Sequence of Service, proper check handling, proper following of standardized recipies)
• Responsible for the complete service at the bar and lounge.
• Maintains a constant flow of clean barware for use.
• Meticulously cleans and resets the bar and lounge during and after meal period.
• Has the ability to use the POS efficiently and manage bar inventory.
• Must be proficient in multi tasking and managing designated stations.
• Must comply with opening and closing as well as running side work necessities.
• Direct and consistent communication with the culinary and management team.
• Processes guest’s checks and submits closing paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product and personnel.
• Must effectively delegate service responsibilities to the assisting staff such as Assistant Mixologist.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Assist management with beverage inventory, storing and maintaining beverage cost controls.
• Handles cash effectively and accurately drops correct daily cash sales.
• Demonstrates ability to learn and change action based on feedback by management.
• Routinely shows up to work in a timely fashion prepared to work.
• Two years or more of bar service in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
• Able to speak proficiently about seasonal food ingredients while passionately guiding guests through a menu.
• Able to learn and retain new menu information on a daily basis in order to effectively articulate to guest.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all spirits to include small batch vodka, gin, bourbon, whiskey, tequila, aperetifs, cordials, and Scottish whiskey.
• Extensive knowledge of beer to include production, styles, and California microbrews.
• Knowledge and ability to construct all proper cocktails with correct ingredients and structure/procedure.
• Able to speak proficiently about overall taste and composition of all spirits, beer and wine.
• Extensive knowledge of wine to include varietals, pairings, regions and language.
• Able to read, write and speak verbally in English. Excellent communication skills and familiarity with the hospitality industry.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
A unique neighborhood gathering place, The Front Yard, showcases LA's diverse flavors in a setting as casual and comfortable as an evening at an old friend's house. Come on over anytime and we'll set you a place around the table.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!