Assistant Director of Nursing (DON) for ASC
- $30K - $100K Annual Salary
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Are you an RN or Director of Nursing with experience running an ASC? Let us know!
Waxahachie Surgery Center is a short-30-minute (against traffic) drive south of downtown Dallas. We are looking for an experienced DON/Asst. DON to support our current DON and provide an exceptional patient experience.
The ideal candidate should have some experience within ophthalmology.
Candidates must be punctual, kind, dependable, curious and willing to learn.
- Looking for someone with experience in surgery scheduling.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Previous job stability a plus.
- Background checks and drug testing will be performed.
- Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Manage and lead all nursing personnel operations.
- Develop short and long-term goals for the entire nursing department.
- Establish new policies and update existing policies to improve the standard of care for patients.
- Plan and oversee admission, nursing, and patient care processes.
- Maintain department budgets and record all expenses.
- Respond to any nursing-related issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with medical staff and other departments to ensure hospital efficiency.
- Oversee all record-keeping processes and ensure all necessary documents are accurate and up-to-date.
- Hire and train new nursing staff members.
- Evaluate staff performance and prepare accurate reports detailing your findings.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of programs and policies for patient services, quality assurance, public relations and department activities.
- Evaluate personnel and prepare daily reports.
- Assist with recruitment, consenting, screening and enrolment of personnel.
- Practice financial acumen in managing budgets.
- Authorize admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are made on time.
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
- Sterilize instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
Please tell us about yourself and what you are hoping to accomplish.
Waxahachie Surgery Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.