- $12.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Overview: The TAO Group porter ensures the venue is set up properly, clean and presentable at all times.
• Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
• Works well in a team.
• Provides help and support to all fellow colleagues.
• Communicates to FOH and BOH support staff including managers, servers and chef.
• Learns and teaches fellow colleagues. (Learn by listening, teach and lead by example.)
• Properly sets-up station and sidestations including:
• Squares-off seats, tables, make sure all tables and chairs/banquettes are clean and free of debris
• Helps waiters set table with proper place settings
• Wipes down chairs and table bases
• Stocks sidestations with appropriate materials
• Performs opening sidework as described for specific sections
• Attends and participates in daily pre-meal meetings.
• Always smile.
• Provides professional and exceptional guest service.
• Delivers (as directed by server), fill, and re-fill water as needed.
• Tables maintenance and bussing of excess tableware
• Clears empty glasses, dirty plates, used silverware.
• Cleans and wipes tabletop and keep free of debris and food.
• Helps set table for next course (apps, entrees, desserts).
• Clears and resets tables after guests have left.
• Performs shift opening and closing sidework as described.
• Sweeps and mops floors.
• Empties and takes out trash.
• Puts away clean dishes, glasses, utensils, etc.
• Refills and replenishes supplies.
• Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
• Informs management of maintenance problems.
• Learns proper use of cleaning chemicals, soaps, and supplies.
• Straightens up dishwasher area.
• Previous hospitality experience preferred.
• Previous porter experience preferred.
• Experience in a high volume restaurant is a must.
Tao Group, one of the most successful hospitality groups world-wide seeks to hire Porters. Located in the heart of Hollywood, this opportunity offers tremendous growth and exposure in the fields of business management, human resources and hospitality! Visit us at www.taogroupla.com