Bakers/Artisan Bread Makers
- $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Manhattan based growing bakery is looking for talented Bakers and Artisan Bread Makers.
The successful candidates will be expected to produce the daily supply of goods needed for service each day. You will work closely with the Kitchen Manager to ensure all products are in line with company recipes. With a strong knowledge of food safety and cleanliness standards, you will ensure that your workspace is always thoroughly clean. Growth opportunities are available to team members that demonstrate exemplary work ethic, teamwork and hospitality.
Availability to work flexible ours, including overnight, required!
A successful candidate will possess or exhibit:
- Genuine passion for, and knowledge of, food and pastry
Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation
- Eagerness to adhere to the company's high standards regarding food preparation and cleaning
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a team environment
Your principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with daily production and performing regular quality checks of prepared product
- Accepting and documenting deliveries
- Reporting and documenting any equipment in need of repair or service.
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness and organization of assigned work areas, adhering to sanitation/health regulations and company policy
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of four years experience in a bakery, hotel, or restaurant with at least two in a lead role.
- Able to prepare a wide variety of bread products from scratch
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative, outside-the-box thinking
- A passion and love for food and service must be evident.
- Finger/hand dexterity sufficient to operate food machinery
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Sensorial ability (hearing, seeing, tasting, smelling, touching) to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, evaluate product taste, texture and presentation, and observe preparation
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges (freezers, coolers, ovens etc.)
KitchenSync provides professional back office support to growth-minded restaurant operators throughout the US.
By combining extensive automation with human teams that are highly trained in the restaurant industry, we allow clients to focus on delivering great hospitality to their guests while we manage day-to-day business administration. From employee recruiting to financial reporting, KitchenSync offers a wide (and growing) range of services designed specifically for the restaurant industry.
With teams in Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, New York, and India, KitchenSync delivers around-the-clock support to many of the countries top restaurateurs.