- $13.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
- The Sales Coordinator will be a supporting role to the Sales Manager with a growth path to become a Sales Manager.
- The major responsibility of the Sales Coordinator is to assist and support the Sales Manager with the guest rooms and events on a daily basis. The goal is to satisfy the guest, providing a variety of services to help makes his/her experiences both comfortable and memorable.
- General Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with incoming leads and inquiries to convert into definite business as assigned, in person and by answering the telephone. This position requires you to answer all incoming phone calls.
- Attention to detail and strong persuasive communication skills will be critical in this role. Strive for repeat business where appropriate. Demonstrate a ‘grace-under-fire’ personality that does not require constant direction. Always be willing to pitch in where needed, even when it is outside of the normal function scope. Be organized and detailed, passionate about the hospitality industry and allow integrity and positive energy to lead.
- Acts as a liaison between the hotel and the client by negotiating and fielding details for contacts and being the contact for any leisure activity, including but not limited to SMERF, association, sports tournaments, and/or other group functions.
- Actively engages in sales and promotion of the facility, to include but not limited to making cold calls, scheduling and making sales appointments, distributing promotional collateral, making property sales presentations and joining and participating in local organizations and events.
- Assists in marketing and sales efforts.
- Responsible for obtaining all information and particular details to convey to Sales Manager for the contract.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized generously in the documenting of daily activities. Business letters are often necessary, along with the completion of various form documents. Computer usage is daily, to include but is not limited to, word processing, power point presentation creation, electronic mailing and excel spreadsheet creation.
- Mathematical abilities, including basic math, are utilized in the development of budgets and goals as well as for handling deposit monies and other payments, estimating and calculating rental fees and food and beverage expenses for clients, guest accounting, understanding hotel occupancies, and average daily rates.
- Will be responsible for generating resumes for small assigned pieces of business and that of the Sales Manager.
- Will work directly with clients’ on-site inspections and event planning.
- Will require oversight of events and room blocks which may require extended hours and/or weekends/holiday coverage.
- Will be responsible for monthly reports to ensure that all actual revenues are calculated within Delphi system.
- When working with clients, follows booking guidelines; assists to meet/exceed budget and sale goals; follows and responds to compression and trends appropriately.
- Will offer substitute support to catering/sales managers on their days off and/or over vacations.
- Attend meetings as required to present event/group information to external clients.
- Develops and maintains a list of service providers for use by clients, i.e. disc jockeys, limousine companies, photographers, florists, etc.
- Lead and conduct tours of hotel when needed.
- Assist in resolving guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in the industry, such as menus, consumer tastes, management issues and competitor offerings, implementing changes as needed to maintain and/or increase share and subsequent revenues.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the property management computer system; Opera.
- Promotes and supports the facility and Company policy and procedures.
- Performs any other duty required by the property owner or general manager.
- Strives to maintain a professional, business appearance and attitude.
- Track sales related activity in the online company tracking system; Delphi.
- Attends and participates in training functions, workshops, conventions and Company meetings as required by the Hotel and/or the property owners.
- Responsible for supporting the sales team through lead distribution, administrative support to booking process of bookings and any other support needed.
- Any other sales related activity as directed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of sales and/or catering experience in hotel or similar environment to understand business model and processes.
- Must have excellent written communication skills, in English, combined with excellent proofreading skills to ensure content is accurate and grammatically correct.
- Administrative skills to include Word and Excel.
- Delphi or similar program experience helpful.
- College degree.
- This position involves several varying responsibilities and often requires an ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Memory, organizational, impartial reasoning and prioritizing skills are essential and used daily.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced market, keeping up with changes to availability to ensure revenue optimization and lead volume.
- Swift problem solving resolution and communication is required.
- Treats all employees and guests with dignity and respect.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisors.
- Establish/maintain effective working relationships with staff and management.
- Possess sound judgment, and superior decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines and present and discuss creative ideas, both written and oral, within a diverse team environment and assist in implementing those ideas and/or strategies that we determine as a team.
- Communicates and reports to direct supervisor any incidents or issues warranting their attention and/or involvement.
- Responsible for communicating with direct supervisor and general manager any absence from work, e.g. doctor’s appointment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Ability to work varied hours, weekends, holidays as needed.
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Fluent in English.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Computer skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Telephone skills.
- Typing / Computer Aptitude.
- Potential working days could include weekdays and/or weekends.
- Working hours will typically be from 8:30am to 5pm, Monday – Friday.
- Attire must be professional at all times.
After 90 days of employment
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
• Long & Short Term Disability
• 401K (with match program)
• Upgrade incentive program
• Sick Time
After 1 year of employment
• Vacation Time (80 Hours)
Rate of Pay:
$13.00 per hour for first 9 months, then if performance is satisfactory salary will be $35,600 per year.