Windows System Administrator
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
Windows System Administrator – Mid Level
Primary Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Solid understanding of troubleshooting and configuration of Windows servers and workstations, to include protocols and switching, best-practice configurations, connectivity and networking concepts.
Ensures redundancy in all implementations, assisting with network configuration.
Supports users with system application problems and coordinates resolution.
Supports network operations and maintains network availability by monitoring and controlling system resources.
Performs diagnostics and analysis of problems affecting system performance.
Takes corrective action as necessary or interacts with other SME's and vendors to resolve problems.
Tracks status of problem resolution and follows up to ensure satisfactory outcome.
Assists in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install and configure Windows operating systems to include Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, and Windows 7 and 10.
• Configure server and workstation hardware as necessary according to system requirements.
• Install and configure required applications.
• Utilize Windows Update Services Server (WSUS) to apply Microsoft security patches to Windows servers and workstations.
• Utilize Symantec Endpoint Management Server to apply anti-virus policies and update definitions.
• Create, modify, and delete user accounts and groups in Active Directory.
• Troubleshoot server, workstation, and user experience issues and track work with Remedy.
• Create and configure virtual machines as necessary.
• Experience with NTFS file and share permissions.
• Ensure adequate backup for all recovery scenarios.
• Planning and implementing patches and Service Packs.
• Reviewing logs for errors or potential problem alerts and taking corrective action.
• Planning and ensuring redundancy for all critical components.
• Maintain Virus protection on all Windows devices.
• Maintaining documentation reflecting the current operational environment.
• Experience troubleshooting network and domain related issues
The Windows System Administrator has a minimum of five years' experience in configuration, security, failover, and optimization of Windows servers. Ideal candidate is also a quick learner; must be able to adapt to quickly evolving technology and priority changes; Have a desire to work closely with other members of the IT/development team.
• This position requires Secret clearance and therefore the candidate must be clearable
• Ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks.
• Ability to prioritize competing priorities.
• Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure.
• Required to be on-call and respond in a timely manner
• Some experience with Exchange 2013
• ITIL Certification
Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years related professional experience in a technical fie1d.
Desired Additional Education/Certification
- ITIL v3 certification and experience
- Certifications specific to applications and job functions
- Security +
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSA), including experience with security hardening.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Minimum Active DoD Secret and Client suitability eligibility
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.