- $16.00 - $28.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Din Tai Fung is hiring for cashiers at our Torrance location at the Del Amo Fashion Center. Cashiers are primarily responsible for handling most or all payment transactions for the entire restaurant and handling all takeout orders. Cashiers pick up most or all guest calls to the restaurant. The advertised hourly rate range is for after the initial training period.
- Food Handler’s Card
- Pass Din Tai Fung’s Food Knowledge Test
- Read, understand, and follow the Employee Handbook and all company policies and procedures
- Proper dress policy and non-slip shoes worn at all times
- Flexible working hours, including early morning and late-night shifts; 7 days a week operation, including holidays. Schedule may vary based on business demands.
- Positive and Professional Attitude
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Walk regularly throughout the day; uses hands for up to 12 hours each day; occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Providing a cheerful, welcoming first and last impression for all guests, both in person and over the phone, with exemplary customer service
- Ensuring that the cash drawers are counted before and after each shift and that all card and cash payments are counted and reconciled correctly in accordance with Din Tai Fung’s Cashiering SOP
- Processing most or all of the cash, credit card, gift card, and employee meal payments for the restaurant in accordance with Din Tai Fung’s Cash Handling Standard Operating Procedure (“SOP”)
- Handling and coordinating all of the takeout orders for the restaurant
- Cleaning, organizing and maintaining the Cashier area and all adjacent areas
- Performing Cashier Side Work, including but not limited to cleaning menus, wiping windows, sweeping, and taking out trash
- Maintaining a cheerful, friendly and welcoming demeanor to all guests and co-workers
- Keeping all Front of House areas clean, organized and sanitized
- Labeling all items in accordance with Health Department regulations
- Lifting/moving boxes, bags, chairs, and tables (up to 50 pounds)
- Assisting with regular deep cleaning of the restaurant
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding all propriety information, including but not limited to recipes and SOP’s.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Din Tai Fung is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Din Tai Fung was founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1958 as a cooking oil retail shop. In 1972, it transitioned into a full fledged restaurant specializing in soup dumplings and noodles. The restaurant was soon winning rave reviews from all over the world. The tradition of Din Tai Fung continues today in its locations in the United States, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and Thailand.
Din Tai Fung’s culture is strongly guided by our core values.
- Synergy: We apply teamwork to create a healthy and efficient work environment. Our relationships with guests, staff, and business partners are core foundations of our company.
- Modesty: We treat each other with humility and respect. We are understanding and open to new ideas.
- Integrity: We are honest, fair, and accountable for our actions. We acknowledge our mistakes and build trust through our character.
- Learning: We constantly seek knowledge and improvements to develop and grow.
- Excellence: We are committed to consistently providing the highest quality of food and service with attention to detail.