A junior sous chef operates as the assistant to a sous chef. This means that as much responsibility as the sous chef has, the junior chef shares in it. The junior chef is responsible for most of the duties and responsibilities of the Sous Chef, such as inventory, kitchen staff management, and food preparation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
· Maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns, and work to resolve problems.
· Maintain effective working relationship with food & beverage management and other departments.
· Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
· Ensure strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines.
· To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions.
· To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Job description may be changed at any time.
· Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
· Experience of expanding and condensing recipes.
· Must have proven leadership skills and teambuilding skills.
· Effectively motivate associates and to maintain cohesive teams.
· Be able to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions.
· Ability to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve management members when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
· Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Constant standing with some walking.
· Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
· Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Paley. in the heart of Hollywood, a neighborhood undergoing a renaissance. Paley is the first West Coast opening from Plan Do See, a top global hospitality group.
Located in the iconic former CBS building, Paley is named in celebration of the artistic and innovative era shaped by its progressive visionary leader William S. Paley and his wife Babe. The 245-seat restaurant features an expansive glass wall and outdoor patio overlooking a sculpture plaza, and offers California cuisine based on French modern technique with global flavors and local sourcing.
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE AMERICA
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities. Plan Do See has been honored with a top 3 spot on the list of The Best Workplaces in Japan recognized for its dedication to sustain high-trust cultures for their employees.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.