Cooks & Barista's Needed for Hip and Healthy Cafe
- $16.00 - $21.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
About Bean Sprouts
Bean Sprouts Café is an award-winning hip & healthy café concept located inside family destinations such as children's museums, science centers and amusement parks. We are doubling the size of our company in 2020, and love to promote from within!
Our philosoPEA: Spark children’s appetites with yummy, good-for-you food; and delight grown-ups with a happier mealtime!
Our Bean Sprouts customer service is for those who aren’t afraid to be silly and playful. You must be comfortable with everything from shouting “YipPEA!” when a customer offers a tip to engaging with rowdy and shy kids.
About the Position
Bean Sprouts is on the lookout for go-getters to join our Bean Team! We love people who’ve had food or customer service experience, but we also welcome people with amazing attitudes and a passion for the Bean Sprouts culture and customer experience.
It’s important that as the first person our customers meet, our Guest Services team lives out Bean Sprouts’ HIPP core values of Health, Innovation, Positivity, and Playfulness!
All Bean Teamers are cross-trained in both front of house and back of house operations and perform a variety of café duties and responsibilities. The Guest Services position mostly performs front of the house roles, such as cashier, barista, expo, cleaning of dining room, etc.
BEANefits and Perks:
- Health care insurance coverage and paid time off for full-time employees
- Discount on food and café merchandise
- Discounts and free tickets to our family destinations
- No grease!
- An energetic company that values Bean Teamers’ thoughts and innovative ideas
- Must be an energetic self-starter with an enthusiastic demeanor, a team player, and flexibility in this growing company.
- Be comfortable with computers and iPad registers.
- Have California Food Handlers Permit. If you don’t have one, we will help you get one!
- Be able to reach, bend, and lift up to 25 pounds and work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- A high school degree is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Top-notch customer service, from greeting visitors, answering questions about menu, allergies, taking orders and payments, to making sure the dining environment is spic and span.
- Enthusiastically deliver the branded Bean Sprouts Experience, which includes Bean Sprouts’ greetings, cheers for tips and birthdays, “Bean appétit” (when delivering food), etc.
- Proper handling of cash, including completion of Cash Drawer Form, closing all checks and communicating discrepancies to the Bean Leader.
- Prepare beverages per Bean Sprouts’ recipes.
- Maintain an extremely clean and sanitized dining area and front of house as outlined in the cleaning roster or by the Bean Leader.
- Complete all assigned opening and closing duties and any other related duties as directed by the Bean Leader.
- Any additional tasks needed to run the day to day café operations all while giving the ultimate Bean Sprouts Experience.
Bean Sprouts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will extend opportunities and bean-efits to Bean Teamers without regard to sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
Bean Sprouts Café is an award-winning hip & healthy café concept located inside family destinations such as children's museums, science centers, and amusement parks. We are doubling the size of our company in 2020 and love to promote from within!
Hiring for Assistant Manager, Bean in Charge, Baristas, Cashiers, Cooks etc.