Event Production Technology Specialist
- $21.50 - $24.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Event Production Technology Specialist
Job Description: Assist in planning, organizing & timing year round events that are produced by YellowJacket Racing or events we provide services to. This role highly involves learning and using timing software, thus must have strong aptitude to learning technology quickly, ability to network systems, cradle points, learn various timing specific software and use them regularly to prepare for events. Responsibilities include: adhere to the annual timeline for events, perform event technology and timing for running, multisport or cycling events, establish goals that meet the need of the stake holders including participants, manage communication with a large team of event coordinators, help develop effective protocols and operations procedures for effective management of each event, coordinate the inventory and distribution of supplies and materials in preparation for weekend/weekday events, work closely with the fellow crew members to ensure exceptional services for race directors and participants. In addition to helping grow/market/promote current YellowJacket Racing owned events and help build/establish current and new event offerings by YellowJacket Racing
This role requires:
- Strong aptitude with technology and networking
- Strong ability to learn software quickly
- Website/Social Networking skills
- Superb Customer Service Skills
- Can switch gears swiftly
- Strong sense of Urgency
- Independent learner – able to learn technology and software on your own
- Proficiency with MS Excel, creating networks and learning technology on the fly
- Amazing problem solving skills
- A people person
- Ability to easily lift over 60 pounds
- Clean driving record and ability to drive a box truck
- Positive Attitude, Passion, Happy and Friendly
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions ALL year
- A sense of humor
Keep in mind events happen mainly on weekends so weekends are when this role works. In addition events sometimes require early morning hours in order to get to the site and set up.
This role involves and not limited to:
- Communicating with Event Participants and Race Directors about our services, the services offered to them and race details
- Timing Events by providing race results in a swift and methodical manner
- Assist with pre-race activities from setting up trucks, equipment, bibs, timing chips, packet pickup, race shirts
- Set Up/Clean Up finish lines and race courses including barricades, fencing, timing equipment and finish line arch, tables, race equipment. This is an active position.
- Providing impeccable service to event directors
- Being able to learn, understanding and use the various timing technologies used by YellowJacket Racing.
- Marketing & Promotion of YJR Owned events
- Help establish and build current and new event offerings by YellowJacket Racing
- Travel to race sites throughout NY or areas we service to provide event services
Commitment: Full time permanent position is 37-40 hours per/week. Weekends required.
Compensation: This is a non exempt position. Pay is hourly based on technological and past work experience. Benefits include: $200/mo towards Health Insurance, Employee Discounts to Fleet Feet, Up to 112 hours Paid Time Off and 401K after 6 months of employment. Pay is commensurate with the industry.
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.