Maitre'D or Lead Host
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Maitre'D or Lead Host in a busy, upscale restaurant
Preferred Experience: 2+ year
A Maitre'd is the first and last point of contact for each guest that will set foot in our space. Genuine warmth and a friendly/warm disposition is a MUST! A positive and lively personality as well as a polished, stylish appearance are essential. A Maitre'd is responsible for intaking and confirming reservations as well as organizing the flow of seating to ensure maximum volume. They should keep clear communication with management about guest special requests, issues, and needs. A Maitre'd will be dialed in to VIPs and notable guests that may be dining with us and ensure that the team is aware of any guests that might need special attention. They will communicate to management proactively as to be able to solve potential issues with reservations before they should arise.
A Maitre'd should strive to not only run an efficient seating operation, but also to exceed guests expectations and create genuine, warm, unique and memorable experiences. When working with a team, they are also responsible to keep others motivated and on task.
- Reliable and dependable transportation
- Team player, self motivated, attention to detail
- Proactivity is a must
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effective under pressure
- “Can do” attitude
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience as a lead host/hostess or Maitre'D role and knowledge of Seven Rooms is a PLUS!
Responsibilities(including but not limited to):
- Confirm and take reservations in person and over the phone in a consistent manner that follows our specific reservations guidelines
- Retrieve messages and return phone calls in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Understanding Sevenrooms platform
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Seating guests and communication of notes, VIPs, etc to server, manager, and kitchen
- Communicating with guests on a waitlist and keeping them notified of duration of wait, but also communicating with management of any concerns
- Being able to recognize VIPs and key people in their industries+ their unique needs, and communicating this to management and server
- Adhere to our grooming and dress guidelines
- Support other team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.