Feed Mill Operator / Second Shift Floater
- $0.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in operating all the processes within the Mill and the computer control system for the Mill. The feed mill operator is responsible for the proper mixing of mill raw materials, preparation of materials and assuring proper amounts of stock are readily available. Ensure timely completion of all operations and duties, observation of gauges assuring equipment is functioning in accordance with company policies and procedures. Major duties include operation of controls, quality control and monitoring of equipment. The incumbent observes operation of equipment to ensure continuity of flow, safety, and efficient operation, and to detect malfunctions.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Regularly lift items ranging in both size and weight, ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must maintain and conduct regular inspections to identify potential problems in equipment, possess great time management skills.
- The employee will be working in different areas and locations ranging from interior to exterior of mill, outdoor areas, and any other designated locations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED and possess a valid driver’s license, 1 year minimum experience.
- Must be able to understand written sentences, effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).