- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
POSITION SUMMARY: The bartender leads restaurant guest interaction throughout the dining experience and ensures that all guests have the highest quality dining experience possible. The bartender combines ingredients to create classic and innovative alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages drinks in accordance with guest’s needs and expectations. The bartender takes pride in and shows dedication to the job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a clean, well-groomed, professional appearance at all times.
- Welcome each guest personally.
- Perform opening and closing duties (bar is set up properly by opening time, and the bar and liquor storage areas clean, restocked and well organized by closing time).
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times.
- Mix, garnish, and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for guests of bar and dining room following recipes.
- Ensure service style and standards are met and guest expectations exceeded.
- Take drink and food orders from guests of the bar.
- Maintain a clean bar and arrange glassware to create an attractive display.
- Handle payment at the bar.
- Maintain knowledge of current food/drink choices, brands, specialties, origin, taste, quality, and preparation methods.
- Maintain bar tools and stock levels and let managers know if there are items to be replenished.
- Require evidence of age of any guest who appears to be under the age of thirty (30).
- Work as a team with all food & beverage staff in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Responsible service of alcohol. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and communicates problems and concerns to management.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- To follow all company/bar safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- 21 year of age or older.
- One (1) year of experience as bartender in a similar environment.
- Florida Food Handlers card (within 30 days of hire).
- High school diploma.
- TIPS certification preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills to handle money and give correct change.
- Knowledgeable in all forms of bar food, basic classic cocktails and other beverage.
- Strong guest service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests).
- Identify and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to take directions and be a team player.
- Multi-task oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing, sitting, and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop.
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate to loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.