GENERAL MANAGER / MANAGER-IN-TRAINING (MIT)
- $55.5K - $65K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Wedgewood Weddings is actively recruiting candidates for our Manager-In-Training program. After 6 months of training at one of our properties, the newly trained General Manager will go on to manage one of our venues (pending their preference and flexibility in relocation). Relocation costs to the training property and to the ultimate placement property are happily covered!
A bachelor's degree and 4 years of progressive experience in various hospitality supervision and management is preferred, but not required. Candidates with a strong knowledge of a variety of food & beverage operations, including catering (on-site and off-site) will have a flying start!
A Wedgewood General Manager (GM) is responsible for all operational aspects of the property. We look for candidates with strong, proven leadership, a pro-active spirit and a passion for customer service. For Wedgewood, our GMs’ abilities to manage the sales teams and drive revenue are far more important than cost controls and administrative work. Candidates should be independent, entrepreneurial problem-solvers with experience and/or education that is reflective of dynamic hospitality leadership.
Our GMs are leaders, coaches, and mentors that craft and create positive environments for their staff and our clients and guests.
Qualified candidates must:
- possess knowledge of hospitality, management practices, and basic accounting procedures.
- identify as independent and entrepreneurial problem-solvers.
- be genuine, sincere and possess a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- have the ability to work effectively with a diverse grouping of individuals and groups, including the general public,
- be able to supervise and lead the work of others during weddings and special events
- have amazing communication skills
- utilize good organizational skills and be able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- be self-motivated, of the highest integrity and possess excellent time management skills.
- embrace change, including the desire to advance his/her career and relocate to other locations
- be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and the hours required to fulfill the principal duties and responsibilities.
At Wedgewood Weddings, we're committed to being a great place to work. From growth opportunities to a fun corporate culture, we provide a foundation for building successful careers—all you need are these building blocks:
- A fiery passion for success in the wedding/event industry
- Devotion to hospitality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flawless communication skills
- Dedication to matching diverse individuals to their perfect celebrations
If you're thinking “I OWN those blocks!" then you should apply to work with us immediately, because you've found your perfect employment fit! At Wedgewood, our ultimate goal is to deliver the best value, service, and convenience (or, our trademark Valservenience™) to every client, every time. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people who share our brand’s philosophy.
Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, guest service and individual accountability—and a competitive compensation and benefits package (health, dental, vision and life insurance).
If you think you are a qualified candidate, please apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your time, we look forward to hearing from you!