AM Line Cook
Moonrise Hotel F&B St. Louis, MO
- $11.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
- Prepare food to the exact specifications of the Executive Chef and to set up stations for menu; assist the Executive Chef with their daily tasks.
- Will need to be available for early morning shifts (starting at 6am), weekends (Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays) and Holidays
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance to Eclipse Restaurant standards
- Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food for the line
- Food preparation prior to service
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment
- Reports to work on time for all shifts
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time
- Works the cold and hot side of the line during service
- Perform other job duties as needed
- Must be available for weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and holidays
- 1-2 years of professional culinary experience, preferably cooking breakfast
- Culinary degree is a plus.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment under pressure, while maintaining quality standards
- Passionate about food and a willingness to learn
- Ability to assume ownership of job and work station
- Positive "can do" attitudes only
- Banquet experience is a plus
- Must be able to work independently
- Understand that shifts will vary and include working evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have a solid understanding of cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
- Must be able to provide proof of Hepatitis A vaccinations. If you have not received the vaccination, you will be required to before starting work. This is in accordance with St. Louis City Ordinance 64004.
- Must be available to work weekends (Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours.
- Fluent in English
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
Required license or certification:
- Culinary degree, not required but a plus
- We offer competitive pay based on experience
- Prefer to promote from within