- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
E.B. Bradley is searching for a Coatings Specialist located. The Coating Specialist is responsible for assisting and supply customers with the finest cabinet coatings available in a safe and timely manner. This position works closely with the Operations Manager to ensure customer and operational needs are successfully met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare, match colors and mix standard and other primers, paints and coatings to proper consistency and viscosity, using thinners, solvents, additives and agitators as required. Select pressures, nozzles, oven temperatures, cure times
- Prepare and clean items and surfaces to be finished. Mask, plug, block finished, machined, or specified surfaces not to be coated. Knowledge of spray guns and mixing equipment
- Uniformly apply wet primers, paints, and wet or dry coatings to parts and components and other items using care to avoid over spraying/coating and to obtain a smooth, covered and even surface free form runs and thin spots. Repeat operations as necessary to obtain desired effect or thickness of media
- Provide customer service to both internal and external customers
- Responsible to know and comply with all Company policies and procedures including safety and fleet safety policies and procedures
- To evaluate and formulate custom stains and pigmented coating systems
- Provide support and technical application solutions and resolve issues
- Storage of flammable coating, hazardous materials, waste and disposal management process
- Provide support to Outside Sales Reps by detailing availability of colors, stains, and finishes
- Process inter-Branch transfer of products
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3-5 years coating in manufacturing/distribution environment working with color stains and finishes
- Operate a forklift
- Shipping/receiving and general office duties
- Assist on the will-call counter as needed. Picking, packing, pulling order and cycle counting
- Customer/client focus
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to details, organizational skills, and time management
- Collaboration and problem solving/analysis
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- Discretionary 401(K)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is semi-active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a warehouse will call counter and office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
E.B. Bradley Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
E.B. Bradley Co., prides itself on being an industry leader by providing wholesale distribution of specialty hardware and surfacing products. We currently have 11 locations across the Western region and growing. We are dedicated to providing quality products and creating partnerships that are unparalleled. We offer a fun, safe work environment with plenty of opportunity for upward mobility. We do this by hiring the best of the best allowing us to set the standard in customer service. If this sounds like the place for you, please review the job description below.