- Depends on experience
- Temporary / Seasonal
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Jonathan Club – Beach Club
Job Title: Hostess
Department: Food & Beverage – Dining Room
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
As the dining room host this position will demonstrate a comfortable knowledge level of food & beverage, multi-functional duties related to guest service, opening and closing the restaurant operationally from a host duties stand point. This position works alongside the rest of the front of the house members to create member and guest satisfaction in a high end environment. This position reports to the Food & Beverage Manager and Captain.
• To review the covers counts for day based on current meal period
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding and knowledge of the reservations process
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the restaurant steps of service.
• Demonstrate a comfortable knowledge level regarding food and beverage products.
• Handle any customer reservation request promptly and to the guest satisfaction.
• Ensure accuracy when utilizing the Club’s computer system to check members are being charged properly.
• Ensure each guest's satisfaction and troubleshoot any guest issue.
• Work with team members to oversee the overall satisfaction of guests.
• Follow proper alcohol and beverage control regulations, including the identification of minors.
• Assist and communicate with kitchen regarding any large party reservation as well as dietary special requests.
• Assist in preparing the dining room for service: Chairs aligned, menus clean and presentable, all other items available for service, (crayons, pens, chits, pencils, etc)
• Assist staff in side work and tidiness between meals as directed by management.
• Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area and dining room environment.
• Ensure proper storage of equipment and handling of food to meet health department requirements, as well as Jonathan Club standards of cleanliness and sanitation, as described in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Follow all Policies and Procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with guests and members.
• Actively support good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
o Maintain a safe work area through good housekeeping. Keep safety equipment in good working condition.
o Actively participate in health and safety training, and demonstrate competency based on training received.
o Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
Participate in accident investigations.
o Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management's attention or correct on your own initiative.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
• Comfortable knowledge level regarding product and property’s information.
• Proficiency in verbal and written English.
• Demonstrated willingness to learn and work.
• Ability to work assigned shifts, including weekends.
• Basic knowledge of point of sale computers.
• Knowledge of Cleaning Standards in a commercial food operation.
• 2 years dining room service experience.
• Some food & beverage knowledge.
• Experience in up-scale dining service and team service.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible / participate in team work.
• Experience in the service industry.
Physical and mental requirements:
• Ability to push, pull or lift up to 30 lbs., using proper body mechanics and/or available equipment.
• Ability to bend or kneel for up to 15 consecutive minutes to perform cleaning tasks in the dining room and kitchen.
• Ability to work standing, walking or moving for 3 - 3.75 hours without need to sit down.