Event Sales Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Introduce businesses and local residents to large party and private event opportunities available at matchbox. Support the restaurant by providing operational support necessary to successfully execute private events in the restaurant. Provide matchbox with additional opportunities to grow its audience and move the brand forward with
new sources of top line revenue.
Your Essential Functions would be to…
● Work with Director of Private Events to plan strategic outside sales efforts
● Research and attend local networking events
● Maintain a daily presence on the restaurant floor. Engage restaurant guests to seek out potential interest in
hosting private events
● Build relationships with local businesses and concierge
● Support all local restaurant marketing efforts, charity and offsite events
● Respond to email, phone and Tripleseat leads
● Conduct prospecting calls and log into Tripleseat
● Follow up on all prospects and generate proposals for potential new business
● Manage all confirmed events from contract to final execution
● Maintain Tripleseat calendar
● Schedule site tours, tastings and planning meetings
● Work with restaurant managers to staff, set up and execute all private events
● Process deposits and online payments in Tripleseat
● Provide ongoing sales updates to Director of Private Events, ADO and GM
● Maintain restaurant’s inventory of décor and supplies necessary for event execution
● Other projects as assigned which can help grow the organization and support new revenue growth at
Your Education & Work experience includes…
● College degree or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to
satisfactorily perform this role
● Previous event sales and hospitality management experience preferred.
Your knowledge, skills, and abilities include…
● Microsoft Office
● Google Suite
● Restaurant POS systems
● Tripleseat or other similar event management system
● Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage workloads independently
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
● Superior organizational skills with multi-tasking capabilities
You should be someone who…
● Has high energy and exhibits enthusiasm
● Has strong discipline and follow through
● Has high level attention to detail
● Has a gracious and tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult people or situations
A Culture of Caring
matchbox is more than just pizza and mini-burgers. We’re a community-driven restaurant group that brings people together. Our food is the draw, but it’s our team members working together that create an experience that brings guests back time and again.
The Secret Sauce
At matchbox, people are everything. From restaurant spaces to warm, attentive service, to clean, attractive environments, and fresh, quality food, we work together to make things happen for our guests and team members.
What We Offer
Competitive salary, structured and comprehensive new-hire training, a framework for career development within a high-growth company, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k benefits and more!
All in the Family
A great company is made of great people. And matchbox is made of talented professionals who take pride in delivering extraordinary experiences for others. If that sounds like you, join the matchbox family!